News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

FAO TGRR: Some Prophecy That Nobody Wants to Hear.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 13, 2010, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT, TUSCON, IF YOU WANT TO STEP TO THE HOLY MAN™.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 15, 2010, 03:49:04 PM
YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT, TUSCON, IF YOU WANT TO STEP TO THE HOLY MAN™.

This is my City, and I am their king.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chairman Risus

Just wanted to jump in and agree that this is some powerful stuff, Rev, the kind that reeks of divine madness and crazy wisdom that you seem only too steeped in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Risus on November 15, 2010, 03:52:04 PM
Just wanted to jump in and agree that this is some powerful stuff, Rev, the kind that reeks of divine madness and crazy wisdom that you seem only too steeped in.

We're all Holy Men™, Risus.  Most people just haven't learned to listen to that horrible shitty part of your brain that says this awful shit, that says "Here's how people are, how do we deal with that?, while the good neighborhoods of your brain are saying "Here's how people ought to be, how do we change them?"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

Regarding Gods:
Looking back on this, then lookign back on my own experience, the old testament take on what we've done and what we're going to get for it is pretty worthless.  Same as we've all got something, or multiple somehtings if we're doing it right, that we could be rightly convicted and locked away many years for, we've all got something that has HORRIBLY offended the gods.  Or the morals of all decent folks, common decency etc.  It matters that we did the heinous stuff, sure.  It also matters, for ourselves and those we want to be decent folks for if we cut the shit out.  Spectral parental disciplinarian fetishists nonwithstanding, they would have tipped their hats a lot more by now, if that was their thing. 

Also, thanks.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
Quote from: Risus on November 15, 2010, 03:52:04 PM

We're all Holy Men™, Risus.  Most people just haven't learned to listen to that horrible shitty part of your brain that says this awful shit, that says "Here's how people are, how do we deal with that?, while the good neighborhoods of your brain are saying "Here's how people ought to be, how do we change them?"
:mittens:
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

President Television

That was intense. And depressing. But it makes me want to make an effort. You're good at that, Roger. You're good at inspiring restlessness.
I will break this town.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 14, 2010, 07:42:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 13, 2010, 05:47:58 PM
This one kinda made me cry. I don't know why, exactly, but it made me really, really sad. Like a goodbye. Like a requiem.

More like sleep all the way through Saturday and wake up Sunday morning feeling like a rat pissed in my mouth and then died there.

I do feel much better, though.

Yay! :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2010, 04:52:08 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 14, 2010, 07:42:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 13, 2010, 05:47:58 PM
This one kinda made me cry. I don't know why, exactly, but it made me really, really sad. Like a goodbye. Like a requiem.

More like sleep all the way through Saturday and wake up Sunday morning feeling like a rat pissed in my mouth and then died there.

I do feel much better, though.

Yay! :)

The things I do for the spiritual needs of my City, I tell you...

Cainad (dec.)

You are a fucking champion writer, Roger. I knew exactly who you were talking about with each one, and it had the incredibly weird effect of being terribly sad, and yet still bringing me up from the pit of bad feelings I've been wallowing in for the past four days.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 17, 2010, 05:55:18 AM
You are a fucking champion writer, Roger. I knew exactly who you were talking about with each one, and it had the incredibly weird effect of being terribly sad, and yet still bringing me up from the pit of bad feelings I've been wallowing in for the past four days.

Thanks.

Jenne

ogod ogod

ogod

I'm crying.  Silently.

Love you, Rog.

Sorry for the above. oy.

no words.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 13, 2010, 08:43:16 AM
...But you're actually in a bar in Boston, and he's swilling beer across from you with that ridiculous yet glorious mustache, and you're looking at him and knowing that somewhere inside, he thinks of himself as a sellout, because he turned into a suit, but that's really not right, is it?  No, he's a fucking renaissance man, he knows business and he knows rock n roll, and he's wise enough to know that there's a difference between being good and being successful, and he's making the bills and making the universe pay on Saturday Night.  And one day he and his lady are going to have a HUGE goddamn fight, but it's going to be okay, because as mad as he is, he's going to smile a bit and tell her he loves her, instead of lashing out...

ETA:  The one about Jenne already happened, of course.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Man, that was some fucking great stuff. Fucking great.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

This still gives me goosebumps and brings a tear to the corner of my eye.

For my money, this is the single most powerful piece of writing ever posted here.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"