News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

FAO TGRR: Some Prophecy That Nobody Wants to Hear.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 13, 2010, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on December 15, 2011, 10:21:32 PM
Yeah. It gives me chills.

This. I can identify all but one of them, at this point.

I almost wanna know what mine would have been, but then I think again and realize I'm probably happier not knowing.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on December 15, 2011, 11:02:45 PM
Ill take one too.

I can't do this shit on demand, Twid.  I gotta have a head full of mad dog's shit and a stomach full of bourbon, or I'm just making shit up.  I can get drunk anytime, but the crazy is either there or it ain't.

LMNO

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 15, 2011, 11:27:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 11:03:09 PM
Quote from: Luna on December 15, 2011, 10:59:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 10:57:52 PM
Batter up

Hit me. 

Nope.  Doesn't work that way.  Sorry.

I meant, Jenne's is done.  LMNO is up.

Shit.

A fight with Mrs LMNO? Any way to appeal to Tucson's Cassandra?

Don't appeal, man.  That can go badwrong.  Don't focus on the fight, focus on the "I love you" instead of lashing out.

Simple guide to fighting with women.

Stop.  Apologize.  Even if you're right.  ESPECIALLY if you're right.

If it's important enough to you to revisit, do it when she's calm and happy.  Lying on a bed of rose petals (You'd BETTER have removed all the thorns), being fed chocolate dipped strawberries while recovering from multiple, earth-shattering orgasms is good.  You get the idea.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Chairman Risus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
Quote from: Risus on November 15, 2010, 03:52:04 PM
Just wanted to jump in and agree that this is some powerful stuff, Rev, the kind that reeks of divine madness and crazy wisdom that you seem only too steeped in.

We're all Holy Men™, Risus.  Most people just haven't learned to listen to that horrible shitty part of your brain that says this awful shit, that says "Here's how people are, how do we deal with that?, while the good neighborhoods of your brain are saying "Here's how people ought to be, how do we change them?"

It's like that light that creeps into your room at night through the blinds. Try all you want, you've got that glare in your eyes. You can cover your head, but you can't block it out and you've got that knot in your gut -- you're not going to get to sleep, even though you know you should. You're going to have to get up, cross your room to the window and tear it open, to bare yourself, just close enough to feel the cold off the window and fog up the glass.

You've felt this high before.  You can see everything around for miles, feel every foot step across the floor, every vibration through the walls. You don't know if you're the biggest you've ever been, dense and connected like a cluster of nerves, or if you've been spread thin like a balloon, prone to rupture and tear yourself apart from the pressure inside... You might have felt it once, like another part of you was trying to drag yourself out of the back of your own head, pull yourself away, compose yourself; you try to get a grip but only rake back handfuls of sand that pours out faster through your fingers the tighter you make that fist.  An engine revving down a side street brings you back. You shiver and clear your throat, blinking to recognize your own room in the dark.

You've got a fever's warmth and though you breathe deep you're short on breath. You've pace your room for a moment, restless because you feel like you've forgotten something somewhere, it's on the tip of your tongue. Eventually the beating in your chest dies down and you try to collect your thoughts. You feel heavy and languid all of a sudden. Maybe you should lie down after all, try to get some sleep. Maybe you'll remember what it was in the morning.

It's not always the same, and you won't always see it coming.
Sometimes it's in the back of your mind, like a wildfire on the news somewhere you've never heard of. Other times it's like a jolt up the arm from a stray wire, itching and burning across your side that makes you grit your teeth. What are you going to do, Rev? I just try to ride the wave because it's those moments, Rev, those moments that make my eyes go wide and my knuckles white.

Risus
Laughing Prophet of the New Weird

Freeky

LMNO

You've never had to argue with my wife.

Still, I see your point. And TGRR's prophecy has always given me on of those warm, comforting glows in my heart. He really saw right through me with that one, in a good way.

The Good Reverend Roger

It occurs to me that one of the other prophecies has come to pass, as well.  The last one in the OP.

I really should pay more attention.

And whattaya want, LMNO?  A warning is more than most people get, and it's not like I control this sort of thing, or even know if or how it works or anything.

I just have one of my bad times, drink until I foam at the mouth, and spew, verbally1 or in writing.

1 I'm told the backyard verbal stuff is pretty awful, and I have in fact lost friends because of it, and attracted one or two maniacal followers who seem to think I'm psychic or magickl or some stupid fucking shit like that.  Then I puke over the fence onto the golf course and pass out.  Fortunately, this only happens once or twice a year.

The Good Reverend Roger

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"