FAO TGRR: Some Prophecy That Nobody Wants to Hear.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 13, 2010, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, every time I re-read these my nipples go hard and I want to cry and the hairs on every square inch of my body take turns standing up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

I missed this before, this is heart rendingly beautiful.  In that way that leaves  you rent.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2011, 04:13:50 AM
Seriously, every time I re-read these my nipples go hard and I want to cry and the hairs on every square inch of my body take turns standing up.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me, too.

Triple Zero

Me too, except my bodily hair is on a metric surface.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Freeky

Triple Zero

But seriously I agree with ECH, reading this piece affects me in some way I don't think any other accomplishes. I just can't figure out who the Audie Murphy kid is supposed to be.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

Just found this. Shit Roger, that was some fucking bittersweet sepsis Mate, that was fucking visceral. It left a cold finger of ice in my gut, like a seed of dread. That's some donkey punch Mojo you got going on there. I suppose if your muse turns out to a desert Djinn, you just have to ríde the fucker for all your worth, and hope it drops you back in Kansas. Or in your case, Chinatown Tuscon.

Well here's a little prophecy of my own. Wherever it drops you, it will be Tuscon. And no, it won't always make you feel good. But it will make you FEEL!  And (As if you hadn't figured this out yet anyway) that thing that makes people love you, is the same thing that makes them run the fuck away. But being Holy never was never going to be easy.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 17, 2011, 02:50:13 AM
Just found this. Shit Roger, that was some fucking bittersweet sepsis Mate, that was fucking visceral. It left a cold finger of ice in my gut, like a seed of dread. That's some donkey punch Mojo you got going on there. I suppose if your muse turns out to a desert Djinn, you just have to ríde the fucker for all your worth, and hope it drops you back in Kansas. Or in your case, Chinatown Tuscon.

Well here's a little prophecy of my own. Wherever it drops you, it will be Tuscon. And no, it won't always make you feel good. But it will make you FEEL!  And (As if you hadn't figured this out yet anyway) that thing that makes people love you, is the same thing that makes them run the fuck away. But being Holy never was never going to be easy.

Everywhere is Tucson.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 18, 2011, 06:25:28 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 17, 2011, 01:57:03 AM
I think it's supposed to be Coyote?

Nope. 

I think it's supposed to be nast.

Sure as fuck isn't me, and the realization that it might be nast makes me deeply sad.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 15, 2012, 12:56:41 AM

Nope. 

Sure as fuck isn't me, and the realization that it might be nast makes me deeply sad.

Can't really remember, to be honest.

Dildo Argentino

that is some fine writing, a true gem there if i may say so, sir

i hope i do not offend you if i say it has a quality to it i have only encountered in some of Thomas Pynchon's work

sorry sorry sorry

i take my hat off to you, sir
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Nast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 15, 2012, 01:36:48 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 15, 2012, 12:56:41 AM

Nope. 

Can't really remember, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure it's not me. It doesn't really feel like me.
Besides, I'm not particularly smart, and have the political savvy of a land snail.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."