News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

...I really need to move.

Started by Suu, November 17, 2010, 01:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on November 17, 2010, 05:33:39 AM
I'm really confused. Is that kind of thing considered scarybad there? It wouldn't make the news here. I was under the impression that the East Coast was supposed to be hardcore or something.

This happens, just not on the corner of my fucking street.  :argh!: Soooo glad I don't live near PC anymore. That was fucking nasty. The neighborhood I live in now is attempting to undergo gentrification, and it's mostly bringing in poor students like me, and hipsters that want to "live on the edge", other than that, the same section 8 families and drug addicts are everywhere. I do get mistaken for a hooker at least every other day though.

Providence actually has a relatively low violent crime rate, but there's a lot of white-collar crimes here to make up for it. The really nasty shit happens across the border in Fall River in MA.

That and crime ALWAYS makes the news. People get off of on it here.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

I'm really confused. Is that kind of thing considered scarybad there? It wouldn't make the news here. I was under the impression that the East Coast was supposed to be hardcore or something.

A myth perpetuated by urban effete east coast elites who are desperate to convince anybody who will listen that they are, in fact, "wikkid street, dawg".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 17, 2010, 01:18:09 PM

A myth perpetuated by urban effete east coast elites who are desperate to convince anybody who will listen that they are, in fact, "wikkid street, dawg".

Unless you live in say, Dorchester, Fall Riv', South Bronx, 50% of Philadelphia, 80% of Baltimore and 100% Washington, DC. Then, THEN you can be street. Providence used to be nasty...Or so I hear. That was about 5-10 years before my time.

Though I did see a mugging from my bus on Broad St. into work this morning. I haven't seen one of those in a while...Some guys walking by grabbed a homeless guy's cane and started beating him with it for no apparent reason.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

That's just the local rules for golf.  Soccer shares a simialr regional quirk in the practice of todler kicking. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on November 17, 2010, 02:25:27 PM
That's just the local rules for golf.  Soccer shares a simialr regional quirk in the practice of todler kicking. 

Oh yeah, that's right. We play more of the Hurling edition here.

I would have loved to see that woman punt that kid though. I wouldn't have known to laugh or call the cops from your description.

Richter

Perfect WTF moment.  Morally, I wonder about that too.  I've settled for marking it off on the columns for "Tucson Moment" and "Well, shit."
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

It's a Providence moment. We were here first. In fact, the reason why our level of craziness went down is because Buddy Cianci sent the nuts TO Tucson. Makes perfect sense. Now they're just starting to find their way back.

The next time Rog is out here, we NEED to take him to Fall River and New Bedford. He NEEDS to see the origins of filth.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Freeky

Quote from: Suu on November 17, 2010, 02:47:56 PM
It's a Providence moment. We were here first. In fact, the reason why our level of craziness went down is because Buddy Cianci sent the nuts TO Tucson. Makes perfect sense. Now they're just starting to find their way back.

The next time Rog is out here, we NEED to take him to Fall River and New Bedford. He NEEDS to see the origins of filth.

Suu, Suu. EVERYWHERE is Tucson. Providence may have been officially founded first, but Tucson has always been, since FOREVER.

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 17, 2010, 02:50:51 PM
Lawrence is pretty shitty too.

That has to be because it's close enough to New Hampshire for people to do all their shopping tax-free, yet not have to commit to living in NH. ManchVegas isn't exactly the shining star of New England either.

Suu

Quote from: Freeky on November 17, 2010, 03:02:52 PM

Suu, Suu. EVERYWHERE is Tucson. Providence may have been officially founded first, but Tucson has always been, since FOREVER.

Nope. I refuse. Keep your grubby ass filthy label out of my own brand of grubby ass filth. THIS IS WAR, REMEMBER?!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on November 17, 2010, 03:04:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 17, 2010, 02:50:51 PM
Lawrence is pretty shitty too.

That has to be because it's close enough to New Hampshire for people to do all their shopping tax-free, yet not have to commit to living in NH. ManchVegas isn't exactly the shining star of New England either.

:lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Suu on November 17, 2010, 03:06:33 PM

Nope. I refuse. Keep your grubby ass filthy label out of my own brand of grubby ass filth. THIS IS WAR, REMEMBER?!

HAVE I SEEN A RETURN SHOT? NO? WELL THEN I GUESS YOU GAVE UP.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Freeky on November 17, 2010, 03:08:28 PM

Having a vague memory of someone telling me about some guy who mugged someone in Roxbury and then got mugged himself by a drug addict immediately after....

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 17, 2010, 03:11:25 PM
Quote from: Freeky on November 17, 2010, 03:08:28 PM

Having a vague memory of someone telling me about some guy who mugged someone in Roxbury and then got mugged himself by a drug addict immediately after....

:lol: Wednesday afternoon. Maybe Friday on a slow week.