News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Freedom(?)

Started by Freeky, November 18, 2010, 01:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 03:41:25 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 03:35:08 AM
Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 03:28:22 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 03:15:41 AM
:sad: Yeah, the military seems like a bad place to be for a dissenter of federal procedure.
It's worse for commisioned officers. Talking smack about the president is career suicide for them. Me, I'll probably get a reduction in rank, and a few months of extra duty, of course I will be also be fighting any non-judicial punishment they might try to mete out on me in a courts martial. I've been looking for a fight.  :lulz:

Eesh. I'm glad I wasn't cut out for the military.

I am still debating the wisdom of being so drastic. I might find other ways to cause issues. I kinda want my GI bill. And that is how the MachineTM ensnares you.

What's a GI bill? :?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 03:44:59 AM
:sad: Yeah, the military seems like a bad place to be for a dissenter of federal procedure.
It's worse for commisioned officers. Talking smack about the president is career suicide for them. Me, I'll probably get a reduction in rank, and a few months of extra duty, of course I will be also be fighting any non-judicial punishment they might try to mete out on me in a courts martial. I've been looking for a fight.  :lulz:

I am still debating the wisdom of being so drastic. I might find other ways to cause issues. I kinda want my GI bill. And that is how the MachineTM ensnares you.

You pay in some money for the first few months and if you get an Honorable Discharge you get 36 months of college tuition money.

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 03:46:20 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 03:44:59 AM

You pay in some money for the first few months and if you get an Honorable Discharge you get 36 months of college tuition money.

Ohhh. Sounds like a deal to me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mr. Language suggests we all get government jobs

sounds like a good troll to me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

It would be, if I could find a sitter. :lulz:

Cramulus

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 02:29:47 AM
And I am sharing new articles now on my FB along with publicly saying how ashamed I am of serving in the military because of the shit we are doing to ourselves. I expect fallout in the next few days. I already had a school friend tell me that there is nothing wrong with searching small children, and this guy is a father. :horrormirth: At least my father, the fucking borderline psychotic bipolar guy who hasn't been in my life because of that, agree with me.

ugh

When people support these types of scans, I always want to ask them where the line is. At what point does the level of invasion become unacceptable? Do they think there is a line and we just haven't gotten there yet? Or do they just go along with the idea that we all have to make sacrifices to prevent terrorism and if that means some federal leather sniffers have to interrogate and grope a crying child, so be it?

if they hadn't been turning up the heat a little bit every year since 2001 we'd all be rioting right now. Remember when everybody was pissed off because they were taking nail clippers away from 80 year old women? Or when we were pissed that we can't bring water bottles onto the planes? Those were legit grievances, and now we've adjusted to that level of insanity, and we're letting them shave off another bit of dignity.

hooplala

I urge everyone on FB to make their status: Safe or Free?

I think we will all be saddened by the responses we get.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Freeky

Ugh, I hate chain statuses, but they're easy for people to parrot.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

Is there already and article on Israelification of airports?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 19, 2010, 01:52:33 AM
Is there already and article on Israelification of airports?

It's a little hard to sort through the already-posted articles, but I'd say that if there isn't one already obvious, a little duplication isn't such a bad thing. IMO.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

My mother just emailed me a blog commenting on an article I just posted. I think it's spreading to my family.

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think anti-TSA sentiment has gone viral. TSA is now The Enemy.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 09:32:37 PM
I think anti-TSA sentiment has gone viral. TSA is now The Enemy.

Excellent