News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Freedom(?)

Started by Freeky, November 18, 2010, 01:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

I don't know if anyone's started anything regarding this. The TSA (and America in general) is getting way overboard with the "safety" and "war on terror" shenanigans. There seems to be a lot of reaction to it.

I was thinking, while I was thinking that, that Facebook, while completely asinine most of the time, is very good for spreading ideas. So, I was thinking of starting a group on FB detailing what goes on with this sort of thing, because I think if more awareness were spread, people would be more inclined to be outraged.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146771982037154

Here's the lin to it. If you lot thin it's a good idea and have a facebook account, a lot of help would be appreciated. If you don't want to go through the rigamarole, just give me some ideas or tips on managing groups here.

Jasper

Freeky

Don Coyote

You might have my name now. :lulz:

Don Coyote

And I am sharing new articles now on my FB along with publicly saying how ashamed I am of serving in the military because of the shit we are doing to ourselves. I expect fallout in the next few days. I already had a school friend tell me that there is nothing wrong with searching small children, and this guy is a father. :horrormirth: At least my father, the fucking borderline psychotic bipolar guy who hasn't been in my life because of that, agree with me.

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 02:29:47 AM
And I am sharing new articles now on my FB along with publicly saying how ashamed I am of serving in the military because of the shit we are doing to ourselves. I expect fallout in the next few days. I already had a school friend tell me that there is nothing wrong with searching small children, and this guy is a father. :horrormirth: At least my father, the fucking borderline psychotic bipolar guy who hasn't been in my life because of that, agree with me.

Share on the group, as well. I'm done for tonight, because this IS Amurrca after all, and we are well known to have short attention spans. :horrormirth: (Not me, people who might potentially watch the group. Information overload and all that.)

Don Coyote

I'm sharing the articles you are posting on the group.

Freeky

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 02:43:13 AM
Ah, I see.

<--- DERP.

IZ OTAY.

<-----IZ FEELING DERPISTANISH WHOLE DAY

Freeky

Don Coyote

I would recommend watching for news reports of a soldier being arrested in linkage to civil disobedience towards this shit sometime in Jan. I got to stop hiding behind the fact that I have all kinds of extra bad things that could happen to me for stepping out of line.

Freeky

:sad: Yeah, the military seems like a bad place to be for a dissenter of federal procedure.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 03:15:41 AM
:sad: Yeah, the military seems like a bad place to be for a dissenter of federal procedure.
It's worse for commisioned officers. Talking smack about the president is career suicide for them. Me, I'll probably get a reduction in rank, and a few months of extra duty, of course I will be also be fighting any non-judicial punishment they might try to mete out on me in a courts martial. I've been looking for a fight.  :lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 03:28:22 AM
It's worse for commisioned officers. Talking smack about the president is career suicide for them. Me, I'll probably get a reduction in rank, and a few months of extra duty, of course I will be also be fighting any non-judicial punishment they might try to mete out on me in a courts martial. I've been looking for a fight.  :lulz:

Eesh. I'm glad I wasn't cut out for the military.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 03:35:08 AM
Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 18, 2010, 03:28:22 AM

Eesh. I'm glad I wasn't cut out for the military.

I am still debating the wisdom of being so drastic. I might find other ways to cause issues. I kinda want my GI bill. And that is how the MachineTM ensnares you.