News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Newbie question..

Started by geekdad, November 18, 2010, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumckle

Discordia has a place because it is retro, instant hipster cred.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rumckle on November 19, 2010, 07:52:22 AM
Discordia has a place because it is retro, instant hipster cred.

:mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

geekdad

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 18, 2010, 03:16:28 PM
We're not just here to poke holes in the pervasive false realities just to be asshats.  There is a mission statement behind it, though it may be a bit nebulous between members. 

Thanks, this is definately a satisfactory answer.
Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: geekdad on November 18, 2010, 10:38:01 AM
Ok so I'm new to Discordia, but I'd like a few grizzled vet's views on something I have not been able to reconcile.

Where does Discordia fit in today's internet/world?

We're the Jiminy Cockroach of the internet/world.  We can't change people, but we can holler and yell and advise and lead by example, to try to help them change themselves.

And, looking around, they'd better.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.