News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

More Spider Music from the Spider Project

Started by LMNO, November 18, 2010, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 08:37:52 PM
For the record, I don't begrudge them that they wished it sounded more like Britney Spears. I just chalk it up to them not being exposed to enough music other than purely computer generated.

From their posts, I think they're more into Willow Smith, you know, Whip My Hair.

TGRR,
Knows you didn't think I'd forgiven you for bringing Taylor Swift to MY attention.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shub-Crackerath

For the record, I don't begrudge them that they wished it sounded more like Britney Spears. I just chalk it up to them not being exposed to enough music other than purely computer generated.

assumptions again.

can you say "pi-an-o"?

can you say "gui-tar"?

can you say "vi-o-lin"???

not that we need to prove ourselves to you, but i definateley think you need to rethink assumptions. because we favour techno we cant possibly know what a haunting waltz the Danse Macabre is?

and youre using SM57s for vocals. is that deliberate?? and isnt the 52 for a kick?

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 24, 2011, 08:47:26 PM
so what makes you assume that when imin the studio tomorrow that i'm not going to test it out?

you guys can be so short sighted

and like i told roger, i NEVER claimed to be an expert. i said i was a n00b.

Where in that post did I say anything about testing something out?  Maybe you can be more clear as what it is that you'll be testing.  You do that.  And when you get the results, they will serve a better purpose being inserted into your own rectum than they will being shared.  You're dishonest in your intentions, in your conversation, and the fact that you can't compose a coherent sentence lends me little faith that you're able to compose a coherent song.

For instance.  Short sighted?  Do you just toss out phrases that make you feel bigger, because calling anyone here short sighted without any reference to what we're failing to see makes about as much sense, well, the rest of your post.

Where did I say you claimed to be an expert.  It's hilarious to me that while you're claiming Roger can't read, you're failing to see the implications of your own statement.  Yes, you said you're relatively new to the whole field.  In the same breath, you used the fact that you have any kind of background in it at all to support your claims.  Those two thoughts put together say in no unclear terms that you feel, even as a "humble" student of the field, you are somehow in a better position to judge such matters than those you're speaking to.

Hey, maestro, cool it on the sound courses.  Maybe go take some gen-eds for a bit and learn how to think.  The technical shit can wait until you're able to parse the meaning of a paragraph.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 24, 2011, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 24, 2011, 08:47:26 PM
so what makes you assume that when imin the studio tomorrow that i'm not going to test it out?

you guys can be so short sighted

and like i told roger, i NEVER claimed to be an expert. i said i was a n00b.

Where in that post did I say anything about testing something out?  Maybe you can be more clear as what it is that you'll be testing.  You do that.  And when you get the results, they will serve a better purpose being inserted into your own rectum than they will being shared.  You're dishonest in your intentions, in your conversation, and the fact that you can't compose a coherent sentence lends me little faith that you're able to compose a coherent song.

For instance.  Short sighted?  Do you just toss out phrases that make you feel bigger, because calling anyone here short sighted without any reference to what we're failing to see makes about as much sense, well, the rest of your post.

Where did I say you claimed to be an expert.  It's hilarious to me that while you're claiming Roger can't read, you're failing to see the implications of your own statement.  Yes, you said you're relatively new to the whole field.  In the same breath, you used the fact that you have any kind of background in it at all to support your claims.  Those two thoughts put together say in no unclear terms that you feel, even as a "humble" student of the field, you are somehow in a better position to judge such matters than those you're speaking to.

Hey, maestro, cool it on the sound courses.  Maybe go take some gen-eds for a bit and learn how to think.  The technical shit can wait until you're able to parse the meaning of a paragraph.

Yeah, he says he's a noob, but then gives me shit for DARING to take part in a technical discussion.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 24, 2011, 08:53:03 PM

assumptions again.

can you say "pi-an-o"?

can you say "gui-tar"?

not that we need to prove ourselves to you, but i definateley think you need to rethink assumptions. because we favour techno we cant possibly know what a haunting waltz the Danse Macabre is?

and youre using SM57s for vocals. is that deliberate?? and isnt the 52 for a kick?

You really need to re-read that post, especially to the band references, and then research the quality of production each one has.

Also: A microphone records sounds.  Each mic flavors the sound in a specific way.  Depending on what flavor you want, you use that mic.  There is no "wrong" choice.  So yes, I use a 57, a 52 (google "bass proximity effect"), the crappy condensor mic... I've even used the dictaphone function on my cellphone.  And if you recall, the other voices were recorded on the onboard mic of their computer.

That post of yours reveals volumes about how restrictive your brain is working.  

Eater of Clowns

LMNO, this project is cool and all, but have you considered autotuning them bitches and tossing on a 4/4 beat?  I think I could get more into it.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 24, 2011, 09:05:49 PM

LMNO, this project is cool and all, but have you considered autotuning them bitches and tossing on a 4/4 beat?  I think I could get more into it.

:lulz:

Adios

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 24, 2011, 09:05:49 PM

Nonsense. 3/4 beat with a choir in the background.

LMNO

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 09:03:30 PM
Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 24, 2011, 08:53:03 PM

assumptions again.

can you say "pi-an-o"?

can you say "gui-tar"?

You really need to re-read that post, especially to the band references, and then research the quality of production each one has.

Also: A microphone records sounds.  Each mic flavors the sound in a specific way.  Depending on what flavor you want, you use that mic.  There is no "wrong" choice.  So yes, I use a 57, a 52 (google "bass proximity effect"), the crappy condensor mic... I've even used the dictaphone function on my cellphone.  And if you recall, the other voices were recorded on the onboard mic of their computer.

That post of yours reveals volumes about how restrictive your brain is working.  

nope, no restrictions. just asking. i kind of assumed that it would be for effect, but i wasn't sure (or shure) if you had some trick or other up your sleeve that i didnt know about.

i beleive that i dont know everything. thats kinda why i use forums.

tell you what, ill stop with the sarcastic responses if youll talk to me on a level that isnt on a million foot high plinth.

and then we can talk turkey

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 24, 2011, 09:22:34 PM
nope, no restrictions. just asking. i kind of assumed that it would be for effect, but i wasn't sure (or shure) if you had some trick or other up your sleeve that i didnt know about.

i beleive that i dont know everything. thats kinda why i use forums.

tell you what, ill stop with the sarcastic responses if youll talk to me on a level that isnt on a million foot high plinth.
and then we can talk turkey

You hear that, LMNO, he's willing to have a discussion so long as you don't pull the exact same shit he already tried, before it backfired and he got embarrassed.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

LMNO

If you want to start an engineering thread, I'd suggest using the techmology & scientism subforum.

Triple Zero

I have to chip in for a moment. At the start of it, it was really just constructive criticism. But when LMNO replies "nah I'm not gonna do that", it's not the moment to turn the thread into a technical discussion about sound mastering instead of constructive criticism.

That said, [even though I haven't heard all of the tracks yet] I do agree that often I find myself wishing the vocals in LMNO's music would be a bit clearer. There's all sorts of different ways to accomplish that though.

And if your sound editing program supports it, indeed go for the 24bit option while editing the song, and convert to 16bit after. It's indeed the same thing as if you were to make graphics, you create the picture at a higher resolution and scale it down before publishing. You don't get any extra resolution out of it, but when you put all the different things together at a higher resolution, merge it and then scale it down, the end result will be smoother. Think about it like adding up items on a receipt bill, if you round all the items to the dollar first, and then add them, you will get a less accurate result than when you add the items first, and then round the total.

Awwww :cry:

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 09:19:59 PM
I need to borrow Trip's vocoder, I guess.

YES YOU SHOULD :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.