News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

More Spider Music from the Spider Project

Started by LMNO, November 18, 2010, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

By the way, I'm listening to 3D3N's music on reverbnation, and her music is perfectly genre-appropriate for what her intentions are, Psychtrance or whatever they're calling it nowadays.

It's also clear that it has nothing in common with The Spider Project, so confusion is understandable.  And I bet Kai's "Days Pass" piece really annoys you.

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 10:19:07 PM
By the way, I'm listening to 3D3N's music on reverbnation, and her music is perfectly genre-appropriate for what her intentions are, Psychtrance or whatever they're calling it nowadays.

It's also clear that it has nothing in common with The Spider Project, so confusion is understandable.  And I bet Kai's "Days Pass" piece really annoys you.

not heard any of kais stuff yet. link me.

and as for it being genre appropriate, thats the point of that stuff, she's a classical pianist trying to capture the psytrance sound. she did a much better job than i did. nearest i got to it was "planeshifts" but im still not 100% happy with it.

we also realised that our respective sounds are nothing like the spider project, it was me that enquired about contributing to it though, not her. i thought it was a long shot, but i couldnt see any harm in asking.

so theres no room for techno with the spiders then?

LMNO

Why don't we just stop right now until you listen to the whole thing, ok?  It's obvious you haven't heard it, and I don't feel like talking to you about something you haven't even listened to yet.

And you can still do something if you want to.  I'm not stopping you.

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 10:44:14 PM

Why don't we just stop right now until you listen to the whole thing, ok?  It's obvious you haven't heard it, and I don't feel like talking to you about something you haven't even listened to yet.

And you can still do something if you want to.  I'm not stopping you.

dude, its obvious i havent heard it all because i told you in a PM. that is nothing you deduced. i also told you i was going to spend the next week looking into ALL of it.
posts, chunes, anything.

changed my mind now though. really not worth the bother, i get enough "alpha" rubbish from local yobs, i dont need it from a fellow musician too. sure ill listen anyway, and i know you wont be bothered by my descision not to contribute, at least not in public.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 09:19:59 PM
I need to borrow Trip's vocoder, I guess.

I will kill you.  I will come to Boston and kill everyone.  Then I will shit on Franklin's grave.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

What the fuck is psychtrance?  Is that the next generation of dubstep?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 12:18:37 AM

no idea.

psytrance on the other hand is psychedelic trance. a fusion of goa trance and acid tekno, psytrance is quite diverse considering, and can be quite progressive too. i could reccomend some sample artists if you really want to know....

Don Coyote

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 25, 2011, 12:22:24 AM

no idea.

psytrance on the other hand is psychedelic trance. a fusion of goa trance and acid tekno, psytrance is quite diverse considering, and can be quite progressive too. i could reccomend some sample artists if you really want to know....

So music to pop E and twirl glow-sticks around to?

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 25, 2011, 12:24:10 AM

no idea.

So music to pop E and twirl glow-sticks around to?

some of it, yes. some just stumble around to it, depends on what they've had.
but there are more ways to enjoy psy than just parties.

The Good Reverend Roger

no idea.

Right.  So, dubstep.

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 12:41:39 AM

no idea.

Right.  So, dubstep.

*sighs*

would it matter if i said "no"?

LMNO

If I sound bitchy, it's because you come into this thread criticizing the Project as if you've heard everything. So when I try to address and reference the project and speak to it's parts, AND YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT, it's annoying, because it makes you sound like you're talking out of your ass.

And if you consider my behavior, which has been more open and conciliatory than almost anyone else here on PD.com, as "alpha", you're certainly not going to have much fun here.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 25, 2011, 12:43:57 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 12:41:39 AM

no idea.

Right.  So, dubstep.

*sighs*

would it matter if i said "no"?

Not really.

Rock n roll was doing just fine until you Brits fucked it up.

Don Coyote

So, um.....WTF...I hear nothing wrong with this music, but I didn't study music and I used to work around heavy machinery so maybe I have shitty ears........

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 25, 2011, 01:34:33 AM
So, um.....WTF...I hear nothing wrong with this music, but I didn't study music and I used to work around heavy machinery so maybe I have shitty ears........

There's nothing wrong with it. Shub and D3 are just being douches.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS