News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Perfectly reasonable trains of thought.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 18, 2010, 05:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

When people don't respond to your posts or PMs within 30 seconds, it's because they hate you.  When the board is dead, it's because nobody wants to talk to you.  When someone cuts you off in traffic, they did it on purpose, just to piss you off.  People call your cellphone just to eke out that little bit of extra annoyance you get from being startled by the ringtone.  When people don't answer YOUR calls, it's because they're tired of you.

The mailman is in on it, too.  But you knew that.

When someone ahead of you doesn't accelerate fast enough for you when the light turns green, it's because they're trying to make sure you get stuck at the intersection for another red light.  If your SO is being quiet, it's because he/she is mad at you.  Don't get him/her talking though, because the next thing he/she says will be "Let's just be friends".

And whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing behind your back.  

SUBJECT EDITED by Cramulus for thee lulz. "Say something to the person above you." bad moderator!

SUBJECT EDITED AGAIN back to normal
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:mittens:

My head is full of these kinds of thoughts today.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 18, 2010, 05:48:47 PM

Mine has been for a couple of months.  Not like last time, though.

It helps to type them out, to see how silly they look in the light of day.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 05:51:50 PM

Mine has been for a couple of months.  Not like last time, though.

I thought it was just me.  :oops:  I've gotten so damned paranoid lately I've just kind of stopped having any contact with the outside world  :|

Richter

You just described my brain's favorite "helpful" chime ins.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 05:45:47 PM
When people don't respond to your posts or PMs within 30 seconds, it's because they hate you.  When the board is dead, it's because nobody wants to talk to you.  When someone cuts you off in traffic, they did it on purpose, just to piss you off.  People call your cellphone just to eke out that little bit of extra annoyance you get from being startled by the ringtone.  When people don't answer YOUR calls, it's because they're tired of you.

The mailman is in on it, too.  But you knew that.

When someone ahead of you doesn't accelerate fast enough for you when the light turns green, it's because they're trying to make sure you get stuck at the intersection for another red light.  If your SO is being quiet, it's because he/she is mad at you.  Don't get him/her talking though, because the next thing he/she says will be "Let's just be friends".

I believe this kind of thinking explains a lot about how religion was formed.

"The sky is thundering!  It must be because I masturbated last night!  Eep!"
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on November 18, 2010, 05:54:39 PM
You just described my brain's favorite "helpful" chime ins.

Yeah.  There's more.  I'll post them as they occur to me.  Anyone else can feel free to do so, too.

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 18, 2010, 05:55:18 PM
When people don't respond to your posts or PMs within 30 seconds, it's because they hate you.  When the board is dead, it's because nobody wants to talk to you.  When someone cuts you off in traffic, they did it on purpose, just to piss you off.  People call your cellphone just to eke out that little bit of extra annoyance you get from being startled by the ringtone.  When people don't answer YOUR calls, it's because they're tired of you.

When someone ahead of you doesn't accelerate fast enough for you when the light turns green, it's because they're trying to make sure you get stuck at the intersection for another red light.  If your SO is being quiet, it's because he/she is mad at you.  Don't get him/her talking though, because the next thing he/she says will be "Let's just be friends".

Well, sure.  God hates that sort of behavior.

He also kills young children to test their parents' faith.  

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 05:57:08 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 18, 2010, 05:55:18 PM

Well, sure.  God hates that sort of behavior.

He also kills young children to test their parents' faith.  

That seems reasonable.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Freeky

When people don't answer your PMs, it's because they were offended, or didn't really want to hear from you in the first place. When nobody comments on you Fecebook, it's because they all think you're going nuts, and also because you're going overboard with trying to spread ideas. When bullshit gets in the way of plans and your friends have to cancel, they were actually glad to have whatever crisis so they don't have to hang out with you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 05:59:37 PM
When people don't answer your PMs, it's because they were offended, or didn't really want to hear from you in the first place. When nobody comments on you Fecebook, it's because they all think you're going nuts, and also because you're going overboard with trying to spread ideas. When bullshit gets in the way of plans and your friends have to cancel, they were actually glad to have whatever crisis so they don't have to hang out with you.

Which is, of course, utter rot.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 06:01:27 PM

Well, yeah. I thought that was the point?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 05:51:50 PM

Mine has been for a couple of months.  Not like last time, though.

That's a really good idea. I hope things get better. For both of us. I am having trouble with the impending doom.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on November 18, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 06:01:27 PM

Well, yeah. I thought that was the point?

It is.  Carry on.