News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Perfectly reasonable trains of thought.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 18, 2010, 05:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 18, 2010, 06:43:23 PM
If someone compliments you on the way you look, it's because you're fat and they're trying to make you feel better.

THIS x a million.  I have gotten so bad about thinking people are handing me genuine compliments, ugh. 

Rog, this makes me feel bad you've called me so often and I've missed it due to asstardery of a busy life where I can't even pee I'm so out of free time anymore.  I can't fuck around on the internet on my job hardly at all, either. 

I need a vacation from my life.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 06:53:51 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 18, 2010, 06:46:59 PM
Your SO thinks you're high-maintenance and ordinary.

High-maintenance, probably.  Ordinary?  PFFFFT.  Either you're totally off base, or he's got his head jammed in his 4th point of contact.

You're one of the least ordinary people I know.

Thanks. :)

But, you know, I'm being perfectly reasonable. Thinking that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

You're a drama queen who seeks more drama.  OR, so self-important that you think you're above everyone's problems.

You have a perfect life because you married a doctor.

You're pushy, bossy and a know-it-all.  You drink too much and are entirely too fat. 

You're lazy and don't do anything right or good enough for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 18, 2010, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2010, 06:53:51 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 18, 2010, 06:46:59 PM
Your SO thinks you're high-maintenance and ordinary.

High-maintenance, probably.  Ordinary?  PFFFFT.  Either you're totally off base, or he's got his head jammed in his 4th point of contact.

You're one of the least ordinary people I know.

Thanks. :)

But, you know, I'm being perfectly reasonable. Thinking that.

Oh, yeah, I was just saying.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Wanting to do something on your own means you're being a selfish prick.

Cramulus

also, your haircut makes you look like an asshole. What are you going for, exactly?

Eater of Clowns

They keep you around because you make them laugh.  The moment you stop, the second you can't fake a chuckle, you're on your fucking own.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Richter

Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2010, 07:05:20 PM
also, your haircut makes you look like an asshole. What are you going for, exactly?

Aha!  (FWIW - you are one of those rare people with the hair  and the bearing that works for the length you usually keep. 

Also:

"The beard makes you look like a neurotic Sir Francis Drake.  Jsut shave already, you're fooling no one."
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

You're just pretending to be weird so people will think you're "different"-- really, you're just like the rest of us.  Stop it.

Gray Jester

Quote from: Richter on November 18, 2010, 07:10:55 PM
"The beard makes you look like a neurotic Sir Francis Drake.  Jsut shave already, you're fooling no one."

Neurotic Sir Francis Drake = sexyawesome.  Just FYI.

---

You get up to shenanigans because you can't behave normally.  In reality, you just don't know how to play the social game.
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

East Coast Hustle

Jesus, you guys are depressing.

Am I the ONLY motherfucker here who has utterly unshakable self-confidence?

Srsly, it pains me to read this thread and think that sometimes you guys actually think this stuff.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

They chose that particular word to let you know that they know what you did.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 18, 2010, 07:24:39 PM

Srsly, it pains me to read this thread and think that sometimes you guys actually think this stuff.

I think these things occasionally, but I almost always laugh afterwards and think, "that's patently ridiculous."
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

We can't all be Buckaroo Banzai.

And it helps to drag this sort of thing out into the daylight and drive a stake through it's heart.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Gray Jester

We all have our good days and our bad days.  I only have unshakeable self confidence when I slept for at least 6.735 hours the previous two nights.  It's hard to be positive when you look and feel like a zombie!
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.