News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Announcement: The 2011 Discordian Synod

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 19, 2010, 05:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

President Television

:lulz: I so want to go but I'm 18, in another country, penniless, etc.  :sad: I'll be there in spirit I guess.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

geekdad

I would like to come but being as I"m in Ohio, spending my pay before I receive it, and unable to call off; I can't.

I can maybe help organize a east coast one. :shrug:
Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

Suu

Quote from: geekdad on November 19, 2010, 11:37:26 PM
I would like to come but being as I"m in Ohio, spending my pay before I receive it, and unable to call off; I can't.

That'll be in June in Providence. As usual.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

If you guys are unlucky, you might catch me there  :lulz:
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

BadBeast

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 08:40:04 PM
So a bus full of Discordians drives through Death Valley...

What could go wrong?  :lulz:
Death will run from the valley that bears his name, but he will not run fast enough. On April 1, 2011, there will be no Deaths, because Death will be too busy attempting to dig deep enough. Whilst simultaneously trying to jump high enough. Even Kesey's Bus of Hippy Pranksters did not faze Death. Death waits, it's what he does best. But he shall flee the short, Yellow Bus that rides upon a burst of Discordian.
He's no fool, this bony gent, in robe of black. She is older than him. When she first rode out upon her wave of chaos, there was no Death. There was no need of him among the ever living ones. Still isn't. And that's OK, he can roll with that. But this cracked, crazed, cackling mocker of things scares him like nothing else. He would just hide, but he knows he cannot hide hidden enough. So he will flee, as fleetly as he ever flew, knowing he cannot flee fast enough. But it beats trying to hide. Last time he tried to hide from her, she found him cowering under a dried out stand of brushwood. And she snuck up behind him, and gave him something he would never have though possible. Something horrible. He could never, ever forget the terror, or the humiliation. Or figure out how she even managed it at all. How can you even start to give a mythical Skeleton, with no metaphysical underwear, a wedgie?  He starts to count the days.      
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

the last yatto

So five gallons of water per person ration?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Pēleus on November 20, 2010, 12:23:26 AM
So five gallons of water per person ration?

Per day. Thats the really important bit.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 19, 2010, 11:43:01 PM

HERETICS!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Well, while I KNOW I'll be in Providence this coming spring (for a meeting; if it KILLS me), I don't think I can make it to the Synod. :( Thesis and graduation and all that.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Sir Squid Diddimus

I don't wanna go to RI.
I mean, I've heard so many great things about it :/

Sister Fracture

For that matter, you've heard so many things about Tucson. :lulz:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Don Coyote

What could go wrong?  :lulz:

Oh gods...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on November 19, 2010, 11:51:51 PM

What could go wrong?  :lulz:
Death will run from the valley that bears his name, but he will not run fast enough. On April 1, 2011, there will be no Deaths, because Death will be too busy attempting to dig deep enough. Whilst simultaneously trying to jump high enough. Even Kesey's Bus of Hippy Pranksters did not faze Death. Death waits, it's what he does best. But he shall flee the short, Yellow Bus that rides upon a burst of Discordian.
He's no fool, this bony gent, in robe of black. She is older than him. When she first rode out upon her wave of chaos, there was no Death. There was no need of him among the ever living ones. Still isn't. And that's OK, he can roll with that. But this cracked, crazed, cackling mocker of things scares him like nothing else. He would just hide, but he knows he cannot hide hidden enough. So he will flee, as fleetly as he ever flew, knowing he cannot flee fast enough. But it beats trying to hide. Last time he tried to hide from her, she found him cowering under a dried out stand of brushwood. And she snuck up behind him, and gave him something he would never have though possible. Something horrible. He could never, ever forget the terror, or the humiliation. Or figure out how she even managed it at all. How can you even start to give a mythical Skeleton, with no metaphysical underwear, a wedgie?  He starts to count the days.      

:mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 20, 2010, 03:20:13 AM
Quote from: Suu on November 19, 2010, 11:43:01 PM

HERETICS!

Shut up, you already said you'd be here.

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 20, 2010, 06:25:28 AM
I don't wanna go to RI.
I mean, I've heard so many great things about it :/

GERMAN CLUB. I already told you I'm dragging you to a happy place that sells authentic German food and beer cheap, kicking and screaming all the way I'm sure.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."