News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Really real discordians

Started by Dalek, November 21, 2010, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

I have no problem (n00b or otherwise) with anyone who doesn't approach Discordia in a purely infantile manner (example: Pop-Tart is an Infantile Troll, running mainly on 2nd circuit "3year old tantrum" feedback cycles, and does not attempt to communicate on any other wavelength).

Sure, Discordia was designed to catapult you back to an child-like state, but everything under the surface jokes are there to help you build back an adult consciousness while retaining some of the child-like qualities which the Curse of Greyface annihilated the first time you were 'civilized/domesticated'.

That said, I'm always open to discussing 'classic' Discordiana, dada, 'magick', and anything else that sparks some interesting narrative.

Lurking is all good, but at some point you've really got to LURK LESS and let the chips fall as they may.

Remembering Number 6's brief crash and burn here, I distinctly remember many of use calmly offering white flags and getting shot down (Sorry Cram, it was a valiant attempt). Sooo.....

"it's That Time again"
         /
        /

And the Moral of the Day is:

You can't get along with the whole forum at once. Trying to just invokes the Law of Eristic Escalation upon you. Also: Fuck You, Kai :fnord: 
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 21, 2010, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 21, 2010, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on November 21, 2010, 09:02:05 PM
No, I'm Sigmatic.

does that mean you don't follow the dogma, but the sigma?

... where sigma is the deviation from the norm? :)

You're the first person to guess that!

WOw, okay! I was wondering if it was on purpose, when I just realized, but thought it would be too far-fetched :)

I feel smart now 8)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dalekk on November 21, 2010, 08:37:00 PM

PS: Since when did every single thread in PD turn into "Lets gang up on the OP for some minor detail in his post, that did not quite fit our point of view"?

Oh, dear.  It's fall in Bulgaria, and that means the Butthurt Festival is about to begin.

This is Discordia.  Wear a fucking hat.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 12:51:18 AM
This is Discordia.  Wear a fucking hat.

And an 'athletic supporter' . . . and some hip-waders. Super trendy.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Gray Jester

Quote from: Dalekk on November 21, 2010, 08:37:00 PM
I don't mean to offend anyone on the forum, as I find you all to be fun people, but after contemplating what's happening here, I have come to a conclusion. No new, young discordians should listen to what you guys say. And I don't mean to say "you're saying bullshit". No. It's just that they should not listen to what you have to say about discordia. Atleast to me, discordia is more of a DIY worldview and I find it really weird that some noobs come here, with their ideas of discordianism and then they tune in to what you have to say. I've seen a lot of noobs who let themselves get slawolled up by the community and accept everything you guys have to say. Maybe it's the noobs. You don't go to a discordian forum to tune your way of thinking with the one of other discordians. The only point I see in logging into such a forum is to express YOUR opinion. Why the fuck do noobs get all apologetic when someone argues with them?

As a noob who is still figuring out his world view and how discordianism fits into it, I find it interesting to read other's work and see what parts resonate with what I already believe.  Sometimes, people make good points, but (and I try not to speak for myself in this one, because I realized this about three posts into the forum) a large part of our society tells us conflict is bad and getting along is good:  new people who don't realize that they have that shackle would be slow to get involved in conflict or drama, out of fear of "hurting someone", or w/e.  It's understandable and not, in my opinion, unreasonable.

This is not a fucking dogmatic religion, where you have to base your worldview on someone else's. As I see it it's more about creating your own worldview.

Fuck off, you're doing Discordianism all wrong.

So seriously, noobs, the guys that post here have some cool things to say, but don't fucking aggree with everythin they say, or think, just because someone insulted you in a thread. Fuck, we're just a bunch of guys on a forum, why the fuck would you even care?

People will be people, and society has trained us to avoid conflict at all costs.  Which is dumb, because a little tussle never hurt nobody.
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gray Jester on November 22, 2010, 01:29:38 AM

People will be people, and society has trained us to avoid conflict at all costs.  Which is dumb, because a little tussle never hurt nobody.

Oh, no, we have to be nice to the little ass dumplings when they show up babbling jokes from 1959, and give them a fucking binky. 

I'll give them a fucking binky.  Oh, yes.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I'd just like to add that this thread has inspired me to shit no less than 5 pounds of bile onto each and every new person.

Thanks, Dalekk, I was starting to slip.

Gray Jester

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 01:31:22 AM
People will be people, and society has trained us to avoid conflict at all costs.  Which is dumb, because a little tussle never hurt nobody.

Oh, no, we have to be nice to the little ass dumplings when they show up babbling jokes from 1959, and give them a fucking binky. 

Never said you should be nice, just that many people wouldn't get it.  The real question is, why do you care about the people that Don't Get It tm?
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gray Jester on November 22, 2010, 01:40:09 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 01:31:22 AM
People will be people, and society has trained us to avoid conflict at all costs.  Which is dumb, because a little tussle never hurt nobody.

Never said you should be nice, just that many people wouldn't get it.  The real question is, why do you care about the people that Don't Get It tm?

I was referring to Dalekk, Staunch Protector of NoobsTM.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 01:32:18 AM
I'd just like to add that this thread has inspired me to shit no less than 5 pounds of bile onto each and every new person.

Do I count as a new person? If I do, can I get my five pounds of bile in 1 lb packages? I've been sort of at a loss as to what I should get people for the holidays. I think this would work nicely for at least five of them.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on November 22, 2010, 01:49:04 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 01:32:18 AM

Do I count as a new person? If I do, can I get my five pounds of bile in 1 lb packages? I've been sort of at a loss as to what I should get people for the holidays. I think this would work nicely for at least five of them.

No.  You should PM me your address, and I will PERSONALLY come shit in your Thanksgiving turkey.  I shall in fact eat vindaloo and Sister Fracture's amazing tomato/garlic/onion/cheese soup the day before, and I can pretty much guarantee that you'll get at LEAST your fair share, that is to say 5 pounds.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 21, 2010, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 21, 2010, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on November 21, 2010, 09:02:05 PM
No, I'm Sigmatic.

does that mean you don't follow the dogma, but the sigma?

... where sigma is the deviation from the norm? :)

You're the first person to guess that!

THE ENTIRE TIME I thought you were just bad at spelling "stigmata."

:fnord: 5 Sigma Cabal GO :fnord:
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Golden Applesauce

Also, didn't we used to have a 50 post suggestion or something?  That might be worth bringing back.

Maybe we could have the <50 post user title be "UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE MGT" in bold red letters or something.

or

"New members are immune to PVP fights for 50 posts or until they reach level 3, whichever comes first."
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 22, 2010, 02:12:11 AM
Also, didn't we used to have a 50 post suggestion or something?  That might be worth bringing back.

Maybe we could have the <50 post user title be "UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE MGT" in bold red letters or something.

or

"New members are immune to PVP fights for 50 posts or until they reach level 3, whichever comes first."

I suppose I could start being NICE again.  Incredibly, unceasingly, horribly nice.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 22, 2010, 02:12:11 AM

or

You can tell they have hit 50 posts when their usertitle switches from "Known" to "Known & Noted".
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.