News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Really real discordians

Started by Dalek, November 21, 2010, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 22, 2010, 02:12:11 AM
Also, didn't we used to have a 50 post suggestion or something?  That might be worth bringing back.

Maybe we could have the <50 post user title be "UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE MGT" in bold red letters or something.

or

"New members are immune to PVP fights for 50 posts or until they reach level 3, whichever comes first."

then they just flounce later in their career here, i say they get five posts before we get the hose, bucket and lotion out
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 21, 2010, 10:15:40 PMAlty and 000 have a point here, but so does Dalekk. Personally I've learned a lot of useful and inspiring stuff from this community, but it seems to me that people have to be very careful with what they post unless they are in the inner circle or otherwise already have a few oldfag friends to defend them if they make a single "mistake" in the way they think.
Either that, or they have to have a good sense of humor about themselves and the things they think they believe.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Don Coyote

So...any reason people keep dragging this particular horse out to beat like a pinata? Have I missed some enlightening newbie sodomy?

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 21, 2010, 10:15:40 PM
Alty and 000 have a point here, but so does Dalekk. Personally I've learned a lot of useful and inspiring stuff from this community, but it seems to me that people have to be very careful with what they post unless they are in the inner circle or otherwise already have a few oldfag friends to defend them if they make a single "mistake" in the way they think.

:lulz:  <--- Not laughing WITH you, Screwy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 22, 2010, 02:32:42 AM
So...any reason people keep dragging this particular horse out to beat like a pinata? Have I missed some enlightening newbie sodomy?

Dalekk felt the need to be Defender of Noobs, I guess.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on November 22, 2010, 02:30:33 AM
Quote from: Herbertina Merrique V on November 21, 2010, 10:15:40 PMAlty and 000 have a point here, but so does Dalekk. Personally I've learned a lot of useful and inspiring stuff from this community, but it seems to me that people have to be very careful with what they post unless they are in the inner circle or otherwise already have a few oldfag friends to defend them if they make a single "mistake" in the way they think.
Either that, or they have to have a good sense of humor about themselves and the things they think they believe.

Also, supposing I'm in the "inner circle", I still gotta be damn careful what I post because when I post dumb shit (really dumb shit) people will shit all over me! It's more like an "inner sphincter", in that regard.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing is, just like the ENTIRE REST OF REAL LIFE, no forum is going to have a culture that suits everyone who encounters it. So, some noobs will come here and start talking and go "hey, this place is cool, I like these people and I am engaged by these discussions" and other noobs will come here, get in a shouting match with a few people (sometimes only two or three) and then go "FUCK YOU, HIVEMIND! YOU ALL SUCK!" and flounce off. Some people will get shouted down and then go "huh, I can't effectively defend my opinion on that topic on this forum without things going in circles, but I like a lot of the things that go on there, so I'll participate in other things and not try to argue my POV about tarot/drugs/anarchy."

No one approach is the One True Correct approach.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 22, 2010, 02:35:14 AM

Also, supposing I'm in the "inner circle", I still gotta be damn careful what I post because when I post dumb shit (really dumb shit) people will shit all over me! It's more like an "inner sphincter", in that regard.

Stop dragging facts into a perfectly good rant about the tyrannical "oldfags".

By the way, +10,000 points to Herring Martinique for yet another vicious homophobic slur!

Epimetheus

Quote from: Nigel on November 22, 2010, 02:36:13 AM
The thing is, just like the ENTIRE REST OF REAL LIFE, no forum is going to have a culture that suits everyone who encounters it.

this this this.
deal with it fuckers.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 02:37:24 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 22, 2010, 02:35:14 AM

Stop dragging facts into a perfectly good rant about the tyrannical "oldfags".

Pffff I wouldn't even have hit "Post" on that one, if it weren't for the hilarious sphincter remark!! :)

(yeah, I think it's time to sleep now)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

Quote from: Pēleus on August 27, 2008, 08:57:09 PM
Spag's was, from 1934 to 2004, a discount department store on Route 9 in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. The store was considered an early pioneer of discount retailing and was notable for its longtime resistance to accepting charge cards (until 1992) and offering plastic shopping bags (late 1996) and shopping carts (introduced in 1998)

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 02:34:55 AM
Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 22, 2010, 02:32:42 AM

Dalekk felt the need to be Defender of Noobs, I guess.

Seriously, this fucking horse is not even a stain on the ground. There is a horse shaped hole in the ground now. If noobs come here and act like fucking retards they get ripped into. Either they do it on purpose and expect it, or they do it on accident and either grow a fucking sense of humor or fucking leave. WHAT IS SO FUCKING HARD ABOUT THAT!!!!

I fucking hate LARPers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Did we ever pound on someone from Bulgaria?

I'm thinking there was ever only Dalekk and one of his friends, and we didn't really dump on either one of them.

We dumped on someone from Finland fairly recently, IIRC, but Finns deserve it, though it explains why Hernia Martinique got all wrapped around the axle.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pēleus on November 22, 2010, 02:40:46 AM
Quote from: Pēleus on August 27, 2008, 08:57:09 PM
Spag's was, from 1934 to 2004, a discount department store on Route 9 in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. The store was considered an early pioneer of discount retailing and was notable for its longtime resistance to accepting charge cards (until 1992) and offering plastic shopping bags (late 1996) and shopping carts (introduced in 1998)

Uh, yeah.  What the fuck are you talking about?  She said "oldfags" not "oldspags".