News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

A Parable (2)

Started by Sister Fracture, November 21, 2010, 01:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

The Tale of Shitneck M

Shitneck M was a popular girl, sort of.  In her days, "popular" meant "skinny bitch competing with other skinny bitches to not get eaten by the other skinny bitch peers."  She was a selfish little thing, with a troubled family history, and all she wanted was attention.

One day, she went to a party with a friend of an acquaintence.  All the kids were drinking.  Do you want some, she was asked. She spotted her friend happily gulping down a cup of spiked punch.   "Sure!" she replied. This will get me attention, she thought, and she chugged that punch like a champ. 

One of the guys grabbed her hand and dragged her upstairs. She had seen her friend gallumphing merrily up the stairs with another such boy, so she didn't resist. Shitneck M and the boy fooled around. Hah, she thought, this will SURELY get me some attention.

She espied a jewelry box, such as an upper middle class wish-I-was housewife might own. Inside it she found various necklaces, rings, and other shiny things.  She took out the most expensive looking ring and necklace, put them on, and paraded around the stranger's house, inviting people to gaze upon what she had found.  If this doesn't ge me the attention I deserve, she thought, I don't know what will.

Outside, someone yelled.  Red and blue lights flashed through the windows.  There was a scramble; no one wanted to get caught.  Shitneck M spun around and around in a panic, wondering which way to go, and where her "friend" was - that was her ride home. 

At the last second, she darted out through the back door, but it was too late. She was busted for underage drinking and for theft - many of the people she had shown her prizes to affirmed that she admitted to doing the deed.  This, along with her poor school record, encouraged the judge to throw the book at her.

---Years Later---

Shitneck M was working the pole at Fisherman's Reef when someone called to her. It was that old, old friend who she had never seen again after that day. "Hey, I remember you!", the friend exclaimed..
Shitneck M started to feel... uncomfortable. She had lost the capacity for shame and embarrassment a long time ago, but remembering that night and the path it had eventually put her on - in and out of jail (what a wretched place it was, but there was people to talk to), drinking every night (just to stop thinking, she could stop any time she wanted), her family having lost all patience and rope ends - made her feel something similar. She stomped on those feelings. She was getting attention every night she worked, wasn't she?

"Yeah, hey, how've you been?" "Oh, you know. Drinking every night (that stuff is so good, I could drink it forever!), in and out of jail (people have no sense of humor!). I don't talk to my family much anymore because I dance, too. I always wanted to be a professional dancer, lie they have in Vegas, but my parents didn't like that too much, so we don't talk much anymore," she confided.  "All in all, I've been happy as a clam! How have you been?"

Shitneck M looked back at the things she had done. "Oh," she said weakly, "pretty much the same. Pretty much."
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Sister Fracture

To be clear, this isn't about DRUGS or PREMARITAL SEX or GOOD CHRISTIAN VALUES. Please leave those conversations elsewhere.

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm thinking I'm detecting just a smidgen of venom, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sister Fracture

Not necessarily. It's just a story.*

*One who's ending isn't too far outrageous...

Sister Fracture

Anyway, that sort of thing happens to lots of people. Did the point at least get across?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 01:59:48 AM
Anyway, that sort of thing happens to lots of people. Did the point at least get across?

Um, not sure.  The other one was clear, this one not so much.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sister Fracture

:sad:

Do what you want because you think its fun, not because you're trying to live up to some standard, or think you have to as a means to an end. You'll be a lot happier that way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 02:07:26 AM

Do what you want because you think its fun, not because you're trying to live up to some standard, or think you have to as a means to an end. You'll be a lot happier that way.

Okay.

I totally missed the phrase "working the pole", somehow.  I thought that her bad acts got her into the Stevedore's Union.

:oops:

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 02:19:33 AM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 02:07:26 AM

Okay.

I totally missed the phrase "working the pole", somehow.  I thought that her bad acts got her into the Stevedore's Union.

:oops:

:lol:

Don Coyote

So one chick ended up being a stripper because she wanted to do it and other did it because her life went to shit because she was a shitneck?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 22, 2010, 02:59:36 AM
So one chick ended up being a stripper because she wanted to do it and other did it because her life went to shit because she was a shitneck?

Naw.  Re-read the last paragraph.