Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Unlimited Wikileaks Shenanigans

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, November 22, 2010, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 22, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
Alleged 'WikiLeaker' Bradley Manning sent to less restrictive prison

Under pressure from human rights groups, the Defense Department moved Bradley Manning, charged with giving classified documents to WikiLeaks, to the Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas.

Irony alert: many current dictators in the Middle East, such as the rulers of Bahrain, were trained at Fort Leavenworth (source: Wikileaks cables).  The current leaders of Bahrain invited a Saudi Army into the streets to shoot unarmed protestors.  The Americans are sending a guy to where they trained war criminals in order to try him for his heinous crimes. 

Triple Zero

what do you mean they were trained at this Fort? what were middle east dictators doing in a fort in Kansas?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lord Cataplanga

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 04, 2011, 10:16:12 AM
what do you mean they were trained at this Fort? what were middle east dictators doing in a fort in Kansas?
Maybe they were trained to fight Communists in the Middle East or something, and became dictators afterwards. I read that's fairly common, but I'll try to look up the details.

BadBeast

And there was Noriega, sent down to Panama by The Company to 'advise' the Government there, staged a coup, and took over. Then went blubbing to the Vatican Embassy when the C.I.A sent a crew down there to see what fuck he thought he was up to! I can't remember what Track it was they played through a PA, to winkle him out, but I think it it was the first widely reported use of Psy-ops ever.

ETA When his US Prison sentence was over in 2010, Hillary Clinton had him extradited to France, where he got another 7 years, and France agreed at the end of his term, he would be extradited back to Panama to face charges of Murder.  :lulz:
So, . . .The moral of the story?  Don't fuck with the C.I.A.   :fap:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Noriega was trained at the notorious "School of the Americas" at Ft Benning, GA.

Ft Leavenworth is also the US military's prison, it might be added.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 04, 2011, 10:16:12 AM

http://cablesearch.org/cable/view.php?id=08MANAMA541&hl=leavenworth

QuoteThe King related how his own experience at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College at Fort LEAVENWORTH, Kansas had been one of the most personally and professionally rewarding of his life; he praised the value of continued military education opportunities.

Presumably this was at the Command and General Staff College there, which trains foreign and native generals.  Other infamous foreign alumni include:

General Do Cao Tri (chemical attacks against the Hu, crackdown on Buddhists)
General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (leader of Pakistan, Islamic fundamentalist nutjob who helped found the Mujahideen, helped Pakistan gain nuclear weapons)
General Krishnaswamy Sundarji (lead Operation Bluestar)
General Nguyen Hop Doan (Phoenix Program)
General Veljko Kadijević (wanted for war crimes charges)
General David Tevzadze (commander of paramilitary forces in the 92-93 Abkhazia War)

LMNO

So, the US invites foreign nationals from unstable states, and trains them how to be ruthless dictators?

Well, I suppose that's one way to keep the supply/demand cycle going.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 05, 2011, 01:33:32 PM
So, the US invites foreign nationals from unstable states, and trains them how to be ruthless dictators?

We've been doing it since at best the end of WWII.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

"Come to America, where we teach you the tools to one day have your country overthrown by America!"

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 05, 2011, 01:33:32 PM

Oh yes.

Most real US diplomacy takes place through the Pentagon, not the State Department.  If you want to know who is currently in the US's good books, look at who they are offering military training to.  Especially in-country military training.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: BadBeast on May 04, 2011, 05:59:40 PMI can't remember what Track it was they played through a PA, to winkle him out, but I think it it was the first widely reported use of Psy-ops ever.
It was Panama, by Van Halen, wasn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NshzYK9y0

Just googled it, wiki says so.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

BadBeast

Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on May 07, 2011, 05:05:33 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on May 04, 2011, 05:59:40 PMI can't remember what Track it was they played through a PA, to winkle him out, but I think it it was the first widely reported use of Psy-ops ever.
It was Panama, by Van Halen, wasn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NshzYK9y0

Just googled it, wiki says so.
If (and I'm not 100%) it was Van Halen, it was  "Jump"

In fact, I believe it was the Clash, "Should I stay or should I go",
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cramulus

Hey was there ever an update about the high profile financial industry info that wikileaks was going to drop?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on June 29, 2011, 08:35:07 PM
Hey was there ever an update about the high profile financial industry info that wikileaks was going to drop?

For that matter, what ever happened to Bradley Manning?
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 29, 2011, 08:35:47 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on June 29, 2011, 08:35:07 PM

For that matter, what ever happened to Bradley Manning?

He got moved to a different facility last I heard.