News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Unlimited Wikileaks Shenanigans

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, November 22, 2010, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

They're working on it!  :lulz:

seriously though -- there are splinter groups that formed based on the idea that the project is too important to be synonymous with Assange

His time will pass.

Jenne

Has he ever been transparent about who he is as a person and what he thinks, other than he believes the US is a monstrous governmental power that usurps and destroys more than it builds and aids?

I remember when he did an interview with Stephen Colbert, but I don't remember him pontificating on much other than the fact that what he did was for a nobler, higher cause.

Cramulus

I don't think he's been too dodgy. Assange has done a lot of writing and speaking in the past 5 years. It's hard to hide your personality views when you have so much face time with the public.

Jenne

I'll have to read up on that, then.  I know he was making tours around the media here and there before and somewhat after he bacame notorious and then a wanted man.  But I don't recall his specific opinions in a qualitative manner.  I just remember him justifying his stance on why Wikileaks does what it does.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Jenne on February 10, 2011, 05:39:48 PM
I'll have to read up on that, then.  I know he was making tours around the media here and there before and somewhat after he bacame notorious and then a wanted man.  But I don't recall his specific opinions in a qualitative manner.  I just remember him justifying his stance on why Wikileaks does what it does.

I think thats the point. Hes a spokesman, he doesnt want his own personal worldview to overshadow the views of the organization.
Then wed probably get more gaffs like this:

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2011, 01:31:11 PM
If this account is accurate, then Julian Assange has been massively downgraded in my eyes:

QuoteWhen pressed by journalists to redact the names of informants mentioned in Afghan war documents then about to be released by WikiLeaks, Assange initially refused.

"Well, they're informants," he said, according to the journalists' account. "So, if they get killed, they've got it coming to them. They deserve it."

I wonder if Assange would feel the same way if such an attitude was held towards, say, Wikileaks informants?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Jenne on February 10, 2011, 05:39:48 PM

http://www.scribd.com/doc/44880779/Iq-org-Assange < Text of Assange's old Blog. Quite revealing. A number of his articles (on WL site for example) have forerunners here.

He also has some, perhaps, questionable moments in his discussions of the fairer sex.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Jenne

Thanks, Man.  I'll give those a look-see.

The Johnny

Quote from: http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/747340.html
PARAPHRASING CZ IM LAZY

Julian Assange will be extradited to Sweden because hes a rapist and deserves to rot in the pokey.

P.S. (I thought it was Switzerland??? Typo in the news? In spanish its easy to confuse them cz its Suecia vs. Suiza unlike in English where theres bigger word difference)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Rumckle

No, it's Sweden.

QuoteA LONDON judge has ruled that the WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange be extradited from Britain to Sweden to face sexual assault charges.

Lawyers for the Australian said he would appeal the decision handed down yesterday in the Belmarsh Magistrates Court.
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/assange-to-face-sex-charges-after-losing-extradition-fight-20110225-1b7bu.html
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

Has he actually been charged with anything yet?  Last I heard the warrant was just to bring him in for questioning, not to arrest him.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

As I was given to understand, it was sort of...post hoc rape.  They decided they didn't want it after the fact, or something.

...God knows it's happened to me. 

Requia ☣

It's not even rape he's being investigated for (those charges were dropped within a couple hours, apparently the prosecutors higher up the food chain were not amused when they found out), its 'sex by surprise', I'm not really sure what that is, but it apparently has a maximum penalty of a ~700$ fine.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 24, 2011, 09:53:51 PM
As I was given to understand, it was sort of...post hoc rape.  They decided they didn't want it after the fact, or something.

...God knows it's happened to me.

I spent some time looking through it, and I'm actually personally satisfied there's a real case to answer.

Essentially I understand the case to be that they agreed to sex with a condom. Then he in one case woke a girl up and started having unprotected sex, and in another case pulled the 'oops it broke and I didn't notice' shit.

That said, I'm keenly aware that far more clear cut assault/rape cases get ignored and the people pushing for the trial don't actually give a fuck about women or sexual assault, but that doesn't mean there's no case to answer.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Jasper

Yeah.  I dunno, that definitely seems like an actionable offense, but I hesitate to call things rape when they're not "capital R" rape.  It seems...untoward.  Like how you can get put on sex offender lists for peeing out in the open at a camp ground.  :|  So much for the whole "rape is rape no matter what" argument.

Clarifying remark added:  What he did should be punished.  I'm just nattering on about the subject in general.

Adios

The U.S. Army Wednesday notified Pfc. Bradley Manning, a prime suspect in the WikiLeaks case, that he now faces 22 more charges in connection with allegedly downloading secret information from computers in Iraq.

The most serious new charge alleges that he aided the enemy by making this information public. That charge is punishable by death. A news release from the Army said the prosecution team "has notified the defense that the prosecution will not recommend the death penalty," but technically it is up to the commander overseeing the case to make the final decision about the death penalty.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/02/wikileaks.suspect/index.html?hpt=T2

This guy will never be free for the rest of his life.