News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Exalted discussion

Started by Kurt Christ, November 23, 2010, 02:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

How many beginning Exalted characters does it take to change a light bulb?

One.  He holds the bulb and makes the universe clockwise a few times.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kurt Christ

Tel, I don't run Exalted, I play (I normally run games for my group, but I run horror games most of the time, and play action games run by another of our group). But yeah, we use 2nd Edition- I favor Lunars, so 1st ed is basically a non-option (their 2nd Edition book is so much better, though it still suffers some drawback to coming out fairly early in the line- the mechanics of Infernals and Alchemicals are more refined than the early books, as the writers had learned from some past mistakes). As for the Social aspects of the game, they're alright- I've only made one primarily Social character and didn't get to play him for long, so I haven't built up much experience with them. I do wish that Bureaucracy had some better mechanics, and Mandate of Heaven is a kind of unsatisfactory minigame for Exalted statecraft, which could be much more fun.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 04:06:15 AM
How many beginning Exalted characters does it take to change a light bulb?

One.  He holds the bulb and makes the universe clockwise a few times.

:lulz:  So true. 

A friend of mine plays it.  He keeps telling me about these characters who can PUNCH ABSTRACT CONCEPTS like time and cardinal directions and get them to change, or something.

Telarus

Yeah, it's ridiculously sick high power levels.

Amass an army of thousands, fit them out with enchanted battle armor, flaming swords, and dragonrider scouts?

Ok, I guess that's work a couple of extra dice in yours stat-pool (mooks simply add to your Stat+power pool).  :evil:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!