News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Happy Turkey Day You Fuckin Turkeys!

Started by AFK, November 24, 2010, 01:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Suu

Quote from: Remington on November 24, 2010, 05:12:56 AM
We're thankful that we're not Americans. Duh.
Everything is frozen and dead by the end of October. It is currently -35C (-31F) here, plus ten degrees of windchill or so.

Edit: And it's going to stay that way until mid-April.

Where the fuck are you? Nunavut?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Last night it was about 20 degrees, and all I could think was "this is what space feels like."  I was absolutely sure.

Cannot imagine -35.

Jenne

"Mon pays,
Ce n'est pas un pays
C'est l'hiver.

Mon jardin,
Ce n'est pas un jardin,
C'est la neige."

I don't think I could live in so much snow, and I lived in snow for many years already (yes, So Cal mountains actually have (some) snow for about 5 months out of the year!).

I am hostess extraordinaire this month, so we're deep-frying turkey and having all the usual trimmings plus boozie-booze tomorrow.  Now if only my BACK would cooperate and quit seizing up with the little bit of chilly weather we've been having here (30-40'F temps at night is pretty cold for down here).

hooplala

Quote from: Remington on November 24, 2010, 05:12:56 AM
We're thankful that we're not Americans. Duh.
Everything is frozen and dead by the end of October. It is currently -35C (-31F) here, plus ten degrees of windchill or so.

Edit: And it's going to stay that way until mid-April.

I actually wish I lived in the USA... but we had Thanksgiving first.

I'm thankful that despite the bullshit with the TSA, Canada and the US are still two of the freest countries in the world.

Oh, and its still well above the freezing point in Toronto... I'm also thankful for that.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Whatever

Cold and rainly holiday for us here in the midwest.  Not that we do anything besides stuff ourselves and watch football anyway!!!

Just doing the usual, turkey, taters, stuffing, pie......  need something green.....  haven't decided yet.

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: Suu on November 24, 2010, 09:33:20 PM
Green bean casserole! DUH!

Is that the one made with something like Cream of Mushroom soup?  Or different?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Richter

Fucking "French's" onions making me fart like a fucking Iraqui gas attack
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Hoopla on November 24, 2010, 09:34:23 PM
Is that the one made with something like Cream of Mushroom soup?  Or different?

Yes.

It's like crack and it's absolute garbage food...which is probably why my mom never made it for us. However, every time I'm at someone else's house for Thanksgiving and they DO make it, it typically results in a feeding frenzy. Last year GS, his brother-in-law, his nephew, and myself got stoned off our gourds and accidentally the whole thing. Twice.

hooplala

Quote from: Suu on November 24, 2010, 09:37:34 PM
Yes.

It's like crack and it's absolute garbage food...which is probably why my mom never made it for us. However, every time I'm at someone else's house for Thanksgiving and they DO make it, it typically results in a feeding frenzy. Last year GS, his brother-in-law, his nephew, and myself got stoned off our gourds and accidentally the whole thing. Twice.

Me too.  It must have been created by Xenu.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Whatever

I hate green bean casserole.....

I'd rather eat vomited grass.  Hell same texture...

hooplala

Quote from: Niamh on November 24, 2010, 10:08:46 PM
I hate green bean casserole.....

I'd rather eat vomited grass.  Hell same texture...

Ok, now you've gone too far...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Suu

That is fucking Thanksgiving SACRILEGE.

Whatever

I know I know but I just can't make myself eat it.  Green beans are supposed to be crisp and still green, not slimy and milky and I can't help it I've hated it since I was a kid. 

My kids love the stuff, I just get clammy and gaggy thinking about it.

I'll end up making it though, just sort of hoped someone might have a better suggestion I could try other than the regular green veggie side dishes....