News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Happy Turkey Day You Fuckin Turkeys!

Started by AFK, November 24, 2010, 01:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I've decided as of 5 minutes ago that I hate Thanksgiving. I hate cooking, I hate being social, and I hate the bullshit.

I'm baking the cookies and sending GS on his way without me. Fuck it. If the immigrants up the street can still have their barbershop with the bulletholes in the ceiling open, then I'm sure I can find work to do. Like my papers.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

I'm over it. And I have created life in the form of snickerdoodles.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Omg. I feel so full and 110% more patriotic.

the last yatto

Treating it like xmas, but instead of gifts... its rubbermaid containers of home cooking
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jasper

I'm going to treat it like an eating tournament.  That's what thanksgiving is supposed to be.  Competitive feasting.  That's what all holidays are supposed to be.

Salty

I got invited to a thing with some very smart, lovely people with some really tasty food and good conversation.

But my sister wanted me to spend it with her and her boyfriend so I'm here watching teevee because that's how they roll.  It's a nice big samsung and I want to smash it into pieces.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Sister Fracture

Sounds like everyone is having a lovely Thanksgiving. Yay!
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Jasper

Mine hasn't started, which is the same as lovely, so far. 

Ahh, that is crabby.  Truth is, there's supposed to be a belated birthday cake waiting for me there.

Cainad (dec.)

We appear to be dragging ours out over the course of an extra day or two.

Months of feeding like a bird have left my stomach unable to stretch and accommodate more than one full plate of food :(

Salty

Undercooked turkey and cable television FTW!

I'm going to need a good solid hateshit sometime next week.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Bella

Liam has claimed one tiny piece of America, aka our flat, in the name of The Queen and planted the Union Jack outside as proof. Apparently, the English celebrate Thanksgiving by eating tacos and  Thorntons chocolates, buying purple see-through laptops, preening their mustaches, and not doing any dishes.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Rumckle

You need to fill up the sink with nice warm soapy water, then threaten to dump his tea in there unless he does the dishes.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Bella

Quote from: Rumckle on November 25, 2010, 11:50:16 PM
You need to fill up the sink with nice warm soapy water, then threaten to dump his tea in there unless he does the dishes.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Consider it done!
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Suu

I have a fridge full of leftovers. :banana:

Turkey, cheesy broccoli stuff, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, razzleberry dressing, and FUCKING GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE. I will have a delicious lunch tomorrow. Om. Nom. Nom.

Quote from: Alty on November 25, 2010, 11:17:08 PM
Undercooked turkey and cable television FTW!

I'm going to need a good solid hateshit sometime next week.

Oh that's the worst...Undercooked bird, that is. We had 2 of them. The amount of food at GS's aunt's house was record breaking.

Quote from: Bella on November 25, 2010, 11:38:31 PM
Liam has claimed one tiny piece of America, aka our flat, in the name of The Queen and planted the Union Jack outside as proof. Apparently, the English celebrate Thanksgiving by eating tacos and  Thorntons chocolates, buying purple see-through laptops, preening their mustaches, and not doing any dishes.

Bullshit, I had Thanksgiving today with a Brit, and he seemed to quite enjoy it. Then again, even a modest American meal is 20X superior to English cuisine.