News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Happy Turkey Day You Fuckin Turkeys!

Started by AFK, November 24, 2010, 01:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Fortunately there was "Already Cooked!" ham and my own candied yams.
Next year I'm doing this and will have people over. No family though, fuck those guys.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

I just wrapped it up with the traditional viewing of Nightmare Before Christmas. Because Christmas - Halloween = Thanksgiving.

FUCK It's a Wonderful Life, I need my annual Oogie Boogie fix.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love Thanksgiving at Jake's house.

Not only do I have next to no responsibility, and there is next to no pressure, but also it's like a big happy crazy family. I get hugs from everyone and get a little tipsy. Mario is there (weird to be there with my new boyfriend, since I was there with him last year!) and his new gf, and my best friend, and everyone. Plus, Jake starts developing photos when the weather turns cold, so Thanksgiving is the day when we get to see the latest prints, so I got to see one of me from a shoot we did last winter when I was all bummed about my impending breakup with Mario. It's a fantastic picture!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu on November 26, 2010, 03:50:22 AM
I just wrapped it up with the traditional viewing of Nightmare Before Christmas. Because Christmas - Halloween = Thanksgiving.

FUCK It's a Wonderful Life, I need my annual Oogie Boogie fix.

I came to that same classification decision a few years ago.  I can't help it though, it just fits Halloween so well that I watch it every year.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Thxgiving was good for me too.  People were throwing money at me because I had a birthday last week, we ate turkey, and I got to listen to a bunch of Normative Caucasoid Dialogue.  It was awesome.

ETA:  They discuss their jobs and the NY Times a lot.  And "apps".

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rumckle on November 25, 2010, 11:50:16 PM
You need to fill up the sink with nice warm soapy water, then threaten to dump his tea in there unless he does the dishes.

:mittens:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 26, 2010, 04:27:26 AM
I came to that same classification decision a few years ago.  I can't help it though, it just fits Halloween so well that I watch it every year.

I remember when it came out, and they released previews on the old Disney VHS tapes, I think for Aladdin, and you didn't really know what it was. It was the little boy opening his gift, and when his mom goes, "And what did Santa bring you, honey?" He pulls out the severed head and everyone screams.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bella

Quote from: Suu on November 26, 2010, 03:43:16 AM
I have a fridge full of leftovers. :banana:

Turkey, cheesy broccoli stuff, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, razzleberry dressing, and FUCKING GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE. I will have a delicious lunch tomorrow. Om. Nom. Nom.

Oh that's the worst...Undercooked bird, that is. We had 2 of them. The amount of food at GS's aunt's house was record breaking.

Bullshit, I had Thanksgiving today with a Brit, and he seemed to quite enjoy it. Then again, even a modest American meal is 20X superior to English cuisine.

You called it!  Liam loves a nice turkey dinner as much as anyone, but we've had a hellish week and neither one of us has had the time or energy to  shop and cook, so we're planning to celebrate on Sunday, instead.

Liam's new outside kitty, Commander Wingnut, was savaged by dogs and had an emergency tail amputation on Monday. Wingnut's a mess, he's in constant pain, the house cats hate him and want to fight, Wingnut wants to eat the fish, and nobody's getting any sleep around here. To top it all off, I drove to SF to meet my daughter when she flew in from Germany on Weds, and we were stuck in holiday traffic for fuckign ever. Took us 2 1/2 hours to travel from the first 30 miles of the trip home. By that time nobody cared in the least if we ate turkey yesterday or not, so we postponed the whole shebang.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

AFK

And lo there was much consumption of turkey and home baked goods.  And lo there was much intestinal unhappiness.  And on the fifth day we returneth to our hometh.  And on this day we drag our sorry asses back to work. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

We deep-fried our bird, and get this, we have 2 more turkeys defrosting in my fridge right now!  My husband feels it necessary to use up that ginormous amount of peanut oil over and over to get his money's worth, I guess.  But that's good because it's been like 7 years since I had turkey with my dad, so we'll be bbq'ing one for him in his honor on Saturday at his WELCOME HOME bash.