News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

LOL@Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 09, 2010, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Persona Facade

Quote from: Cain on December 10, 2010, 07:34:44 AM
He may be.  He certainly seems to come across that way.

But he's hardly got the qualities a star political infighter needs.  If you wanted to mount a primary challenge against Obama that wasn't a token gesture, you'd need an asshole roughly on a par with Lyndon B Johnson to make it count for anything.  Someone who knows how to game the system, works incredibly hard and has an ego the size of a small planet.

But since the Dems had a spine-ecotomy around...1968 or so, their only member who even roughly comes up to those standards is one Rahm Emanuel, currently Chief of Staff of the White House and who favours a policy of beating up on hippies to impress Republicans.  So the pwogs probably wont tap him for it.  If indeed they ever stop equivocating about how this would give benefits to the Republicans, which they wont, because they lack spine.  And everyone knows it, making it an empty threat, just like the non-binding vote.

http://whitehousetapes.net/clips/1964_0809_lbj_haggar/

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
-George Bush

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on December 10, 2010, 07:34:44 AM
He may be.  He certainly seems to come across that way.

But he's hardly got the qualities a star political infighter needs.  If you wanted to mount a primary challenge against Obama that wasn't a token gesture, you'd need an asshole roughly on a par with Lyndon B Johnson to make it count for anything.  Someone who knows how to game the system, works incredibly hard and has an ego the size of a small planet.

Alan Grayson? Then again, he couldn't hold his seat in the House for more than one term.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Actually, Grayson does have the right temperment for it.  The problem is, as you say, he was only in the House for a single term, which casts some doubt on his ability to backroom politick his way around DC.

On the other hand, Grayson is a Grade A asshole when he wants to be, so he'd make up for that in entertaining primary shenannigans.

AFK

Michael Bloomberg should run.  As an Independent of course.  Especially if it looks like Palin or Gingrich are going to be the nominee.  In that environment, I think it would be the best chance since Perot for a third party candidate to make some noise and maybe actually win the Presidential Election. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Requia ☣

What I want to know, is why Obama didn't push try to push the middle class tax cuts through in their own bill, not to get them passed, but just to have the republicans on record as trying to raise taxes.  That seems like perfect ammo for the 2012 season to me.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

Because the 2012 coiffers for re-election might be more meager if he pisses off the rich people who contribute to said coiffers.  He's placating his money base. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

There is also a very real possibility of voter backlash if he didn't fold on this one. Voters could blame Obama for no more unemployment benefits and the tax hike because he wouldn't play ball. This is a double edged sword and I predict no one will win.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 10, 2010, 06:06:05 PM
There is also a very real possibility of voter backlash if he didn't fold on this one. Voters could blame Obama for no more unemployment benefits and the tax hike because he wouldn't play ball. This is a double edged sword and I predict no one will win.

Oh in my plan he still folds, he just takes an extra day to fold in order to make it clear that the republicans are the bad guys.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.