News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

I love our retarded media

Started by Cain, November 25, 2010, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

That was going to happen regardless.

When the protestors took over the Tory Party HQ, one of them threw a fire extinguisher off of the building.  All of the rest of the protestors told the idiot responsible to fuck off (you can hear it on the versions of the newsreels which don't actually omit the audio)....and the news for days was about how violent anarchist gangs are running the protests and will murder you in your bed.

Even the BBC was getting in on the game, dutifully reporting police casualties (including the one where a mounted officer, after charging unarmed, peacefully protesting students, fell off his horse) while ignoring student casualties entirely.

However, there is a silver lining.  The coalition government has an 80 seat majority.  However it only won by 21 votes.  So we're talking a very slim margin of control over Parliament here.  As soon as they lose a vote, expect Labour and left-leaning Lib Dems to start talking about a vote of no confidence...

Cain

Heh.

According to former Met Police Chief Brian Paddick, Charles was warned beforehand not to take the route he did.

Furthermore, the media had been reporting for hours that Regent Street and the surrounding area was swamped by students.

And I know for a fact that the car they took is their least armoured vehicle.  Charles has a Bentley that is built like a tank, the protesters could've bashed away on that happily without making a dent.

So I am inclined to be suspicious for his reasons for travelling in that car, along that route, that night.

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't wonder about it at all, Cain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I automatically resist the idea that Prince Charles could be involved in any kind of conspiracy on the basis of his last name being "Windsor" and the Royal Staff being lickspittles and idiots. 

I concede it's possible, especially with the evidence above.  It's just my mind rejects the idea on an emotional, gut level.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 10, 2010, 07:58:14 PM
I automatically resist the idea that Prince Charles could be involved in any kind of conspiracy on the basis of his last name being "Windsor" and the Royal Staff being lickspittles and idiots. 

I concede it's possible, especially with the evidence above.  It's just my mind rejects the idea on an emotional, gut level.

He might not be, but his driver might.

He wouldn't have to be aware of it at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.