News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

So here's what I'm doing for thanksgiving dinner today:

Started by East Coast Hustle, November 25, 2010, 11:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Turkey. Duh. 18 pounds. Should be enough to feed 4 or 5 people. Brined it for 2 days beforehand. pat dry and kosher salt the hist out of the inside cavity. No stuffing, this fucks up how the bird cooks. Do your stuffing on the side in the oven like your vengeful bloody gods demand. Dry spice rub consisting of kosher salt, brown sugar, allspice, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, ground thyme, black pepper, kachai powder. It's in the oven now. It will be glorious.

Pan Gravy made from the turkey drippings.

Mashed Potatoes with roasted garlic and roasted pasilla pepper cream.

St. Thomian sweet potato stuffing. This stuff is awesome.

Green Bean casserole with crispy salt pork, caramelized shallots and parmesan cream sauce.

mushroom caps broiled in bacon grease, kijafa cherry wine, soy sauce, and honey and stuffed with fresh crabmeat lightly dressed in mae ploy sweet chili sauce.

homemade cranbberry-cherry sauce made with Oregon cherries and lemongrass-infused simple syrup.

Pumpkin Pie with chantilly cream.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Bella

That sounds lovely!  

Here's a step by step blueprint to re-creating our Thanksgiving day feast.

1. Brown a packet of super lean ground beef.
2. Open the box of taco fixings.
3. Add the seasoning packet to the ground beef.
4. Heat white corn tortilla shells in the toaster oven
5. Shred cheese, dice tomatoes and avocado
6. Pile it all together in the shells
7. Place on paper plates and eat

Drinks = ice cold milk
Dessert = Thorntons chocolates straight off the plane from England

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Kai

Jesus christ, Hustle.

Whereever it is that you are going to end up eventually, I want to be there. I want to be your BEST FRIEND EVER.

Because I can't get enough of your cooking, even when it's done halfway by me through a recipe.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What we ended up eating was an insane amount of food. INSANE.

Grainy, dark picture of everyone stuffing our faces:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Holy shit.
I would have just thrown myself on the table and started swallowing... whatever

OM NOM NOM

like a snake swallowing... a table

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 27, 2010, 08:52:55 AM
Holy shit.
I would have just thrown myself on the table and started swallowing... whatever

OM NOM NOM

like a snake swallowing... a table

:lulz: It was kinda like that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

We deep fried our turkey--about 20 lbs' worth--after infusing it with this marinade my mom and husband just whipped up on the fly.  I made pureed sweet potatoes that everyone raved about--the trick is to use heavy cream--and they were surprisingly easy as shit to make.  We didn't have green bean casserole, for the first time, so I'm thinking since this Saturday's going to be somewhere between Xmas and Thanksgiving for my dad due to all the holidays he's lost out on, maybe we'll do a quick green beaner just for him.  To share with 30-40 guests, of course.

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."