News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

So, we gamers are superstitious bastards.

Started by Freeky, May 07, 2011, 06:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 07:14:13 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 07:13:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 07:00:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 06:58:45 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 09, 2011, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2011, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 08, 2011, 06:08:59 PM
My dice have the elder sign as the high number and they're the first set that generally rolls well for me. Though I believe they are slowly making the DM go mad... It's not my fault that he gave me a d12 scythe.

Oh, you have one of those non-book DMs.

Nope in 3.5 a scythe is d12 and can also be used as a d6/d6 staff. As my character is an undead hunter (Skullclan Hunter PRC) and a cleric to the god 'Themet' (the God of Peace/Death in the world we're playing in), I use my Gods favored weapon which is also my holy symbol. Its also good for bludgeoning or slashing depending on the undead I'm dealing with.

Oh.  In Pathfinder, it's a 2d4 martial weapon that crits x4 on a 20.

And what is this bullshit about being able to use it as a staff?  It's got a great whacking iron blade on one end.

Hrm.  Flip it around (blade backward), and you've got a staff with a bigass chunk of steel tied to it for extra oomph.  It'd be slower, but more mass...  In theory, I suppose, it might work.

You know better than that.

Yeah, it'd be a stone bitch to use, the balance would be all fucked up.

Yep.  I am going to look this shit up when I get home (I still have the 3.5 core books), because that's just stupid.

The 'use as quarterstaff' is in the detail text... but I just looked at the dmg and it agrees with you... so I dunno what he was smoking when he told me d12. Well I know what he was smoking, but I'll have to correct him tomorrow night.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 06:02:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 05:08:50 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 02:00:15 AM
Banned dice that know when to drop nat 20's is a tragic thing.

No, what should happen to a DM that bans non-shaved dice is a tragic thing.

Fucking wussies.  Let the dice fall how they may, and fucking DEAL WITH IT.

That's the problem with DMs, these days.  They cry too fucking much.  In MY day, you took your ownage and LEARNED FROM IT.  It's what's made me the horrible fucking table Nazi that I am today.

My thought was that it was a sign of a DM who was too invested in "winning." 

Everybody else at the table thought it was awesome, he just got his panties in a bunch over it.

This means you needed a new DM.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 08:15:28 PM

That's the problem with DMs, these days.  They cry too fucking much.  In MY day, you took your ownage and LEARNED FROM IT.  It's what's made me the horrible fucking table Nazi that I am today.

Everybody else at the table thought it was awesome, he just got his panties in a bunch over it.

Yep.  Was the end of his campaign, anyway, and somebody else took over after that.  (We rotated DM's a lot, we were fortunate to have multiple people who LIKED to do it... and who could (mostly) sit back and let somebody else run it without chipping in advice.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 08:20:27 PM

Yep.  Was the end of his campaign, anyway, and somebody else took over after that.  (We rotated DM's a lot, we were fortunate to have multiple people who LIKED to do it... and who could (mostly) sit back and let somebody else run it without chipping in advice.)

Common problem amohg DMs sitting in a player's chair.  I have to struggle constantly to STFU and not second-guess Freeky.  Mostly with success.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 08:51:39 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 08:20:27 PM

Common problem amohg DMs sitting in a player's chair.  I have to struggle constantly to STFU and not second-guess Freeky.  Mostly with success.

I mostly manage to keep my yap shut while Richter's running his game, though I field occasional questions from the other players on game mechanics.  (Which amuses the hell out of me, since I've never played Pathfinder before, I just wing it.)

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 08:59:40 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
I just wing it.

:crankey:

Mostly, if I haven't looked at the answer, I come up with, "Well, D&D had it THIS fairly consistently, but look it up."

Also, I'm pretty good at finding shit quickly, if it comes to it.