News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Monster Factory for Pathfinder.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 28, 2010, 03:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I decided to take some time off from the interbutts, and start building a new homebrew campaign.  I figured it was time to throw some custom monsters at the group, because they've been getting spoiled.  If anyone likes the ideas I post, let me know and I'll email you the Word files (97 format, but I can resave them as 2007 if need be.).

So far, I have the Fabulous Undead Medusa Sisters:

One medusa with three levels of rogue (sniper variant) and the vampire template...Look at her, and make a will and a fort save, or be mind-grabbed and/or petrified - or look away, and get sneak attacked, and one medusa with four levels of fighter (weapon master variant) and the mummy template...Hack you with the sword and mummy rot your ass with the off-hand slam (and an armor class of THIRTY FIVE).  Both can poison their weapons as a move action.  CR12 and 13 repectively, for an EL14 encounter.

And, for earlier in the campaign, a mutant goblin:

One goblin with the advanced, giant, and fiendish templates, with an extra arm just for fun.  Good challenge for a first level party.  CR3, a little on the wuss side (more like a two and a half).

I also took the time to re-create the monster template in Word, and that's up for grabs, too, so you bastards can contribute.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

I don't play Patherfinder much, but those are Awesome.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Don Coyote

You truly are a fiendish GM. I shall make burnt offerings.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on November 28, 2010, 04:05:33 AM
I don't play Patherfinder much, but those are Awesome.

Just finished a giant advanced Gibbering Mouther with the ghost template.  This shit is sick.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

:eek:

Those are deliciously evil. I was told by a friend of mine about a mummy that has some sort of sticky mucus. I believe it is in some book or other. Either way, the concept of one of the party dragging around the corpse of a dead mummy for 1d4 hours made cream. And those medusa vampires are twice as creamy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't understand a word you just said, but it sounds fun!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 04:07:34 AM
Just finished a giant advanced Gibbering Mouther with the ghost template.  This shit is sick.

DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. :crankey:

Fucking abilities are all con-based.  So now I have a giant, advanced gibbering mouther looking for another template. 

Half fiend, maybe?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 28, 2010, 04:25:41 AM
I don't understand a word you just said, but it sounds fun!

We're geeks.   :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 04:52:21 AM
We're geeks.   :)

Um, while you were doing that, I made food?

It sounds like maybe you need one of me around.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 28, 2010, 04:53:02 AM
Um, while you were doing that, I made food?

It sounds like maybe you need one of me around.

Yep.  Move your butt down here.

Incidentally, got the new place lined up, moving in on Wednesday.

Big Goddamn 4 bedroom joint, 3 full baths, the works.  I don't want to discuss the rent.   :x

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 04:52:08 AM
DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. :crankey:

Fucking abilities are all con-based.  So now I have a giant, advanced gibbering mouther looking for another template. 

Half fiend, maybe?

use wis or cha instead of con.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 28, 2010, 05:00:47 AM
use wis or cha instead of con.

Other problem:  Ghost engulfs you, what, you just walk out of it.

It just isn't a ghost creature.  It's DR goes, 11 points of natural armor lost for 2 points of deflection bonus, all it's hit points go away, etc.

Needs something else.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 04:56:25 AM
Yep.  Move your butt down here.

Incidentally, got the new place lined up, moving in on Wednesday.

Big Goddamn 4 bedroom joint, 3 full baths, the works.  I don't want to discuss the rent.   :x

Holy shit!

3 bathrooms

I barely have the one!

Jasper

This could be a horror documentary:  When Mooks Optimize!  :lulz:

I love the ideas.  Makes me wish I had a group here, a little.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 05:04:40 AM
Other problem:  Ghost engulfs you, what, you just walk out of it.

It just isn't a ghost creature.  It's DR goes, 11 points of natural armor lost for 2 points of deflection bonus, all it's hit points go away, etc.

Needs something else.

I'm a bit hazy but......hand wave that this ghost can engulf.