News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

I want to make sweet sweet love to this atrocity

Started by Remington, November 28, 2010, 07:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

TurBacon Epic:

1 Quail
1 Cornish game hen
1 Chicken
1 Duck
1 Turkey
1 Pig

1. Place each of these animals inside each other, like a carnivorous Russian nesting doll (top to bottom). Use copious amounts of meat glue, butter, and bacon (if you don't use more than 10 packs, you're doing it wrong).

2. Roast.

3. Eat

4. Die
Is it plugged in?

President Television

"Just because we're fucked up, we garnished it with Baconators."  :lulz:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Faust

I assume this summons Tslanese if done correctly?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As I once explained to my friend Z, some food experiments are exercises in gluttony, rather than actual food appreciation. Roasting all those animals inside each other only ensures that none of them are prepared optimally, and is essentially an expensive waste of deliciousness. Why not just fill a trough with white rice and butter? It's the same level of culinary sophistication.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Hell, why not?  If we're going to be the richest, fattest, craziest motherfuckers on Earth, we might as well take it to the wall.  We're in decline now, so all the more reason.  Glut while you can.  Nothing succeeds like excess.

Suu

That sounds very medieval. Don't forget to serve it on trenchers, and then when you're done eating, throw the trenchers and entrails out to the poor.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 07:37:55 PM
Hell, why not?  If we're going to be the richest, fattest, craziest motherfuckers on Earth, we might as well take it to the wall.  We're in decline now, so all the more reason.  Glut while you can.  Nothing succeeds like excess.

Oh, if the point is to be gluttonous, that's fine. It's just that people seem to hail such culinary monstrosities as gastronomic delicacies and not what they actually are, which is a sad waste of quality ingredients. What they basically did there is make sausage, completely annihilating the delicate flavors of the individual meats which would have been far better roasted alone, without stuffing, and served together on the table for everyone to take their choice.

I've tried things like this; I was at the Porktopia party. I love pork, and I love meat, and sadly, the experience of actually eating one of these is pretty similar to eating a slightly overdone $300 bratwurst. I'd say it's more performance art than actual cooking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Delicacy?  Oh lol.  Yes, very refined, the oven chimera. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If you understand my world-renowned love of pork... it pains me to see it abused in such a way.

Jasper

No, I get that.  Still- I wouldn't mind trying it for myself sometime.  It just looks fun to do.

Kai

All of those ingredients are awesome, cooked separately.

Quail and Cornish hens slow cooked in sauces.

Duck, chicken and turkey braised and roasted.

side of pig barbecued over a grill all day long.

Together, they all get cooked wrong for their individual needs.

Come on people. We're COQUIVORES. There is no excuse for cooking food wrong. All this shit is just an excuse to create a mediocre food monstrosity.

Now, what NIGEL said, about cooking these all individually, and creating a spread where you can pick and choose pieces of each to eat.....

OFUCK, I think I'm going to cry of awesome.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

Sort of how a toccata's purpose is to show off the skill of the performer, there should be a similar kind of meal that stresses a prolific quantity and quality that demonstrates a chef's skill.

Power Dinner.

Kai

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 08:47:54 PM
Sort of how a toccata's purpose is to show off the skill of the performer, there should be a similar kind of meal that stresses a prolific quantity and quality that demonstrates a chef's skill.

Power Dinner.

Or simply, Culinary Toccata.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Jasper

This idea needs development.  I've done dinners like this before, mainly as part of celebrations, but I've never made a thing of it.

The idea would be that the chef challenges themselves to do several favorite dishes as perfectly as possible.  Would that be awesome?

Kai

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 09:12:41 PM
This idea needs development.  I've done dinners like this before, mainly as part of celebrations, but I've never made a thing of it.

The idea would be that the chef challenges themselves to do several favorite dishes as perfectly as possible.  Would that be awesome?

Except I think thats what chefs do all the time.