News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Moosemas 2010

Started by Cramulus, November 29, 2010, 03:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

OH JESUS

http://alaskagift.com/moosepoopproducts.aspx

from that page, which is chock full of ... something ...

My buddy used to have one of these things. It's a wooden moose, and you can load it up with M&Ms or other small candies. And when you lift it's tail, it poops out 2 or 3 M&Ms into your hand.

THE ORIGINAL ALASKAN POOP MOOSE

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I... just... don't understand. WHY?  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Have a chicken that does the same thing, its good way to keep small bits of candy hidden from the misses
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Richter

MOOSEMAS AT THE MONASTERY:

Saturday 1PMish 

1 Gallon of Caribou
1 apartment full of movies
1 assortment of worthwhile games

...and a whole hill covered in restraunts we can visit and spag up while we sober up!
I think I've already informed most of the local spags, but others are welcome.  Just shoot me a PM or call if you intend to show up.
Contributions of snack food or a 6 pack appreciated.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on December 17, 2010, 01:21:06 PM
MOOSEMAS AT THE MONASTERY:

Saturday 1PMish  

1 Gallon of Caribou
1 apartment full of movies
1 assortment of worthwhile games

...and a whole hill covered in restraunts we can visit and spag up while we sober up!
I think I've already informed most of the local spags, but others are welcome.  Just shoot me a PM or call if you intend to show up.
Contributions of snack food or a 6 pack appreciated.

Is Herbert aware of this? If so, tell him to have that fat blonde airhead over. It's high time she meets us.

ALL OF US.

Also: The Tack™, and other ornaments, will be reclaimed by the Sovereign Princess, formerly of the Suucasa Keep, now known as the Monastery, in a ritual that should involve a pineapple.

This is my bidding.

The General and I will also be arriving fashionably late, but hopefully already a little drunk.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Awesome you can ditch the tree dicking in tiem to join us!
Herb knows I'm throwing a shindig, and will likely be at work, please pre-arrange any ornament retrieval with him, I'm not invovled in this. 

Pinapple will happen if I have time to get one.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

The Tack™ is a family heirloom. He is no longer family as of October 12th, 2010. I am merely reclaiming what is righteously mine, and it is coming to Florida with me to rejoin it's kin.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

anybody else making egg nog?

We make a ton of this stuff so we like the simple recipes, the ones that don't require lots of heating and then chilling it overnight or whatever.

Here's our typical nog:
(and truth be told we usually just use rum instead of rum and brandy)

Eggnog

6 eggs
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup brandy
1/3 cup dark rum (Captain Morgan for best flavor, but Myers is fine)
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups milk
All liquids should be very cold. Refrigerate in advance.

Beat the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Turn the mixer off and stir in the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg.

Makes about 2-1/2 quarts.

Cainad (dec.)

btw Cram,

Having done all manner of complex navigational calculations involving the use of a sextant and several messenger pigeons, I have determined that I probably won't be able to make it any earlier than 11:00 AM, and probably more like 11:30 AM. Just a heads-up. :)

Cramulus

that's fine, I figure most people probably won't get there till 11 either

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cainad (dec.)

oh my god Moosemas is the best holiday ever

Cramulus

check in:

end of moosemas day, dec 19 2010 -

started drinking at 10 AM today
had last beer @ 12:50 AM. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

best day ever

we discovered that if you pour funfetti cake mix into a waffle iron, you get a waffle with the consistency / flavor of cupcake

made us wonder what else you can cook in a waffle iron -- ground beef?

decorations included the first 50 images I printed from the google image searches "Moose", "Moosemas", "Moose cartoon", and "Moose comic". Some ridiculous stuff.

so many delicious things were consumed today

bagels & coffee
mimoosas
sparkling bubbles (champagne + sparkling cider)
moosenog from scratch
hot mulled cider
waffles from scratch
waffles from cupcake stuff
coffee cake
cheese and crackers
great beers and vodkas and rums and brandies
bloody mooseys
chinese food

biggest moosemas ever this year - easily 30 or 40 people over the course of the day. They came in waves.

we were visited by jolly old st. nicklemoose

cainad gave me a set of diabetic socks  :argh!:

for some reason people began throwing the principia discordia at each other's faces. One guy got cut a little. He bled in the name of Eris.

it was a moosemas miracle!

a great time was had by all

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That whole "using the waffle iron for other than its intended purpose" thing is totally awesome. Also try corn muffin mix, and sandwiches.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!