http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moosemas

please everybody go vote it up

not like it has a lot of competition

but every bit helps

Richter

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 02, 2010, 03:11:17 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on December 02, 2010, 03:02:25 PM
Quote from: Richter on November 30, 2010, 07:33:10 PM
I believe I will make a gallon of Caribou and get Mooseblasted with whatever buddies are around.

Incidentally:

Caribou- a fortified wine drink attributed to the Quebecois.  Consisting of:

1 gallon strong red wine (burgundy or similar)
1 fifth (750 ml) Canadian whiskey
Maple syrup

Mix, (exact portions currently under research), and let settle for a week to a month.  

okay

my friends have been talking about this for two days now and we need you to settle something

Is this for real?

We suspect this is actually a joke about the Quebecois and not something people would really drink. It makes much more sense as a joke!

Do you spags actually drink that concoction?? if so - what's it like?

Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, kinda like a Glug with a  Canadian twist.

I've drank it before, it is definitely legit.  If you like Glug, liek Rat mentioned, Sangria, or other heavy sweetened drinks, you may like this stuff.  Personally, I love it.  

Our buddy from fencing, Enzo, made a gallon of it a month ago.  He needed the jug to start another homebrew experiment so we had to drain it.  That was a fun night.  His was made with leftover sangria wine, and still had a few grapes in it.

I still haven't found a really exact recipe, online sources are few.  Kind of thinking 3 parts wine, 1 part whiskey, 1/2 cup REAL maple syrup.

Edit: The proportions are correct for wine and whiskey.  REAL syrup is required, don't even try the fake shiz.  As far as syrup to wine+whiskey, you want about 1/2 to a full cup for every gallon of finished drink roughly.  Adjust to taste.  Serve cold out of a snowbank.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

We need a date for Providence Moosemas. I think the 19th will work...I leave for Florida on the 20th.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

That weekend definitely. Hopefully we've recovered from Bridge Birthday by then.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Cain on November 30, 2010, 10:30:49 PM
I believe I'm on holiday at that point.

I may try and create Gorilla Punch, and serve it to strangers.

we use orange juice concentrate and kool-aid. Riot Punch.

I think the energy comes from using the everclear. So many calories...
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The most dangerous mix with everclear I had was "Quick Mead" which was Everclear mixed liberally with honey until it covered the Everclear flavor.

I woke up the next day at home...
                                                       in the basement...
                                                                                on a couch...
                                                                                                no clothes...
                                                                                                                 covered in newspapers.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 03, 2010, 09:26:44 PM
The most dangerous mix with everclear I had was "Quick Mead" which was Everclear mixed liberally with honey until it covered the Everclear flavor.

in the basement...
                                                                                on a couch...
                                                                                                no clothes...
                                                                                                                 covered in newspapers.

Ah, Paganism. 50% about worshipping ancient, neglected gods, 60% about getting tanked.

Doktor Blight,
-Had the same thing in a past life (read current one about 12 years ago) during a weekend long Samhain thing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

MOOSEMAS DECORATIONS!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45288187/Moosemas-Decorations

(for some reason, the first page isn't working)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 04, 2010, 02:01:34 AM

in the basement...
                                                                                on a couch...
                                                                                                no clothes...
                                                                                                                 covered in newspapers.

Ah, Paganism. 50% about worshipping ancient, neglected gods, 60% about getting tanked.

Doktor Blight,
-Had the same thing in a past life (read current one about 12 years ago) during a weekend long Samhain thing.

It was at Marcon (geek/scifi/fantasy/comicbook etc convention), not a pagan event.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 14, 2010, 09:55:37 PM

in the basement...
                                                                                on a couch...
                                                                                                no clothes...
                                                                                                                 covered in newspapers.

Doktor Blight,

It was at Marcon (geek/scifi/fantasy/comicbook etc convention), not a pagan event.  :lulz:

Isn't a Pagan event just another type of geek convention?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 15, 2010, 12:29:14 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 14, 2010, 09:55:37 PM

in the basement...
                                                                                on a couch...
                                                                                                no clothes...
                                                                                                                 covered in newspapers.

Doktor Blight,

Isn't a Pagan event just another type of geek convention?

Wiccans are geeks, and Astaru are roided jocks.

Jasper

Quote from: Cramulus on December 02, 2010, 03:49:29 PM
PSST! NEW MOOSEMAS DEFINITION @ URBAN DICTIONARY

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moosemas

please everybody go vote it up

not like it has a lot of competition

but every bit helps

UPVOTED!

Seems this one has won out over the old definition!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think we're celebrating Moosemas on the 25th, since we don't have anything else going on that day. The current plan is to eat some acid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."