News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, November 30, 2010, 11:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-167_Astrobiology.html

QuoteWASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

The news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters auditorium at 300 E St. SW, in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website at http://www.nasa.gov.

Now that's a teaser...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Precious Moments Zalgo

Could be interesting.  I love The Register's take on it, with the headline, "NASA to make MAJOR ALIENS REVELATION this week".

QuoteBut, until the embargo on the NASA story this week ends, we can't reveal what it is that the space boffins are going to announce. Now is surely the time for wild and colourful speculation, not dull scientific fact.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on November 30, 2010, 11:23:20 PM
Could be interesting.  I love The Register's take on it, with the headline, "NASA to make MAJOR ALIENS REVELATION this week".

QuoteBut, until the embargo on the NASA story this week ends, we can't reveal what it is that the space boffins are going to announce. Now is surely the time for wild and colourful speculation, not dull scientific fact.

:lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Wild speculation 1-

Government is beating Wikileaks to it. US has in fact been in contact with alien civilizations for decades. That was Assange's insurance policy. He will now mysteriously commit suicide.

Wild speculation 2-

Jesus has returned to Earth, revealing that the Bible is literally true and it really is just us out here.

Ok people, lets keep it up!

Precious Moments Zalgo

And the wild and colorful speculation by the news media has begun:

http://news.google.com/news/more?q=astrobiology+finding&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivn&resnum=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=d82J2v4bJpRSmAMLgRFLGGlVTBfvM&ei=HIv1TMqFOsK88gbA-8HZBQ&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQqgIwAA

Quote"So, if I had to guess at what NASA is going to reveal on Thursday, I'd say that they've discovered arsenic on Titan and maybe even detected chemical evidence of bacteria utilizing it for photosynthesis (by following the elements)," Kottke wrote.
more by Jason Kottke - 6 hours ago - Atlanta Journal Constitution

Precious Moments Zalgo

Wild Speculation 3 - NASA has discovered an "Independence Day" style mothership speeding towards Earth.  It found us by following our SETI signals.

ETA: and these aliens have seen the movie, so they aren't going to fall for the trick where we sneak a nuke on board in one of their fighters.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on November 30, 2010, 11:45:53 PM
Wild Speculation 3 - NASA has discovered an "Independence Day" style mothership speeding towards Earth.  It found us by following our SETI signals.

ETA: and these aliens have seen the movie, so they aren't going to fall for the trick where we sneak a nuke on board in one of their fighters.

They've also made sure that their computers aren't compatible with Mac laptop link ups

Nephew Twiddleton

Wild speculation 4-

We successfully developed FTL/Spacefolding/discovered a wormhole during the Clinton administration. We've been using it ever since. We've discovered primitive humanoid life elsewhere and we;ve been abducting them and probing them.

We're the aliens bitches!

Precious Moments Zalgo

Wild speculation 5 - NASA detected the souls of the Heaven's Gate cult riding around in the tail of the Hale Bopp comet.
Wild speculation 6 - A DC-9 full of Psychlos and piloted by Xenu is headed to Earth.

Nephew Twiddleton

Wild Speculation 7- The Elohim bringing Rael back from a weekend bender
Wild Speculation 8- Space battle going on between two different races round about Jupiter way

Cain

Wild Speculation 9 - the NASA labs synthesize some seriously potent LSD

tyrannosaurus vex

#10 - President Obama, trying to save face with the new GOP majority in the House, has replaced top NASA officials with Southern Baptist clergymen, and the search for extraterrestrial life has been called off, because it isn't in the Bible.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Don Coyote

11- NASA finally reveals that our world leaders have always been space reptiles.

Jasper

12 - They'll unzip their human skin and reveal that they're all velociraptors, and we'll all suddenly remember that we are too.  Yay!