News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

SPIDER IV - A NEW HOPE.

Started by LMNO, December 01, 2010, 07:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Villager

I confirm Blight's confirmation that I am in.

LMNO

GOOD MORNING.

The squealing of metal on metal signals the beginning of a new work day, as the commuter train rolls into the station.  The Citizens of the City file on and off, waiting for the caffeine to kick in, trying not to make too much eye contact.  They know that if they play their cards right, they can get that promotion, that raise, that extra day of vacation.  One step closer to getting what they want.

But unbeknownst to them, there were already people among them who were getting what they want, at that very moment.  They lived without external cajoling or threats, being motivated from their inner will.  They were thinking for themselves, and keeping their heads down.  But individually, they were making plans to spread the word of Discordia. 

But behind the ads on the subway walls, inside the radio waves of talk radio, wrapped around every pre-packaged breakfast treat was The Spider; not content to let people live the lives they were guided into by their parents and their own survival and comfort needs, The Spider wanted to control everything, to suck the last drop of life from the Citizens, until there was nothing left but rote mechanical behavior, preprogrammed to give The Spider everything it needed and wanted.  It was Time.

THIS IS ROUND ONE.  BEFORE VOTING OFFICIALLY BEGINS, EVERYONE PLAYING MUST POST AT LEAST ONCE.  THE PLAYERS:

BDS
Blight
EoC
Freeky
Iptuous
Jenne
Khara
Luna
Phox
Requia
Roger
Semaj
Unqualified
Villager

VOTING WILL END WHEN EVERYONE HAS CAST A VOTE.  "ABSTAIN" COUNTS AS A VOTE.

KEEP A RUNNING TALLY OF YOUR VOTES, OR I WILL KILL YOU OFF BECAUSE I FUCKING FEEL LIKE IT.

bds

Boing! Abstaining, don't feel like taking a stab in the dark.

Phox

Posted. I will vote for that Abstain bastard for now, unless we can get a real productive discussion going.

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 28, 2011, 01:57:44 PM
Posted. I will vote for that Abstain bastard for now, unless we can get a real productive discussion going.

Makes sense, at this point, I'll abstain this round.

Abstain: 3
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eater of Clowns

I don't believe in abstaining, but I do believe in arbitrarily dividing the votes to the point of no productivity.

I'll pop back in when voting is officially open.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Elder Iptuous

Phox

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 28, 2011, 02:08:52 PM
I don't believe in abstaining, but I do believe in arbitrarily dividing the votes to the point of no productivity.

Ya bastage!  :lol:

Dysfunctional Cunt

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Posting, abstaining pending some data.

Abstaining 5
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

I'm leaning toward this stance, because as I said, I'm a total and completely fucking  n00b and I have NO idea wtf "abstain" even means.  And I'm trying to be calm in life right now.  :lol:  O me o my.

ANYWAY:  wtf does "abstain" count as, again?  A vote for what? 

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 06:55:25 PM

I'm leaning toward this stance, because as I said, I'm a total and completely fucking  n00b and I have NO idea wtf "abstain" even means.  And I'm trying to be calm in life right now.  :lol:  O me o my.

ANYWAY:  wtf does "abstain" count as, again?  A vote for what? 

"Abstain" means, "I'm voting for nobody."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

So it's a vote for "nobody's gonna get lynched this round"?

Hm.

LMNO

Jenne, it's a move dictated by the clumsy rules I wrote.  You're supposed to post, then vote.  If you don't want to vote for anyone, you still have to say something.  So "abstain" means "I do not want to put anyone on a bus right now."