News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Aw FUCK.

Started by Richter, December 02, 2010, 01:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

I'm stuck in Harbor Freight's $10 "handcuffs"

I'd McGuyver out but my dinner is burning.

ASK ME ANYTHING
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

How did you get in the cuffs?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

Well that was too easy.  I'm off to stir a pot with my liberated arms.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Richter

Jasper

Did you destroy your way out of them like a brutal champion, or did you find a sneaky way out?

Richter

Got sneaky. 

I am not that much the brutal champion.

Eater of Clowns

Well, your continued typing means you probably didn't gnaw your own hand off at the wrist, so props for being more clever than I could be.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Fact: Harbor Freight is probably one of the greatest stores ever known to America, and America doesn't even KNOW IT.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

It's true.  The odd part is much of their "Cheap" stuff decently copies or meets the same standards as "better" made goods from big box stores (all cheap chinese export anyways......)

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 02, 2010, 03:37:33 AM
Well, your continued typing means you probably didn't gnaw your own hand off at the wrist, so props for being more clever than I could be.

Had both hands in front of me, and it's not that hard to slip them around from behind my back anyways (i tried that too).  There's just the problem of not being able to move the hands more than 6 in. apart.

Suu

I spent a chunk of the afternoon shopping around with Enzo, we made it to Warwick alive somehow and found our way into Harbor Freight. BIG mistake, as always. I just have no pictures to show for it.

"Look at all this STUFF." - Actual Testimonial from Enzo

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Speaking of which, you still need to post "nut splitter".

Suu

"Erotic!" - Actual Testimonial from Cramulus.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Bella

Quote from: Suu on December 02, 2010, 03:39:38 AM
Fact: Harbor Freight is probably one of the greatest stores ever known to America, and America doesn't even KNOW IT.

Harbor Freight's one of the best stores anywhere!  I wish we had one around here. :(
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Richter

Things I've learned:

- Do a function check on any restraints before you use them.  They're owed the same once over as tools, practice weapons, firearms, and motorized stuff.  (I went over the things for awhile before I even tried it.  Thankfully.  Hacksawing yourself out of things sucks.)

- Keep keys handy.  Jimmying cheap locks (not to mention actual quality ones) is a trick when they're stuck at wrist level.  If you're around knuckleheads, smartasses, or friends with sick senses of humor, keep a spare key on a cord around your neck.

- If you plan to get yourself out of cuffs, make sure the keyholes are facing your fingers, not your armpits.  This is not essential if your Dexterity score is over 15, but is damn helpful. 

- Plan on telltale red marks on the wrists.  Yeti heritage will cover this to an extent.

- If cuffed behind the back, you CAN slip them into the front.  Practicing this is good, since it's not a way people usually stretch.  Don't ask me about dislocating shoulders.