The Tale of Chaminade

Started by Kansai, December 03, 2010, 04:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TGB on December 19, 2010, 08:02:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 19, 2010, 07:50:33 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 19, 2010, 07:39:31 PM
Quote from: Kansai on December 19, 2010, 05:18:29 PM
The story does have a logic to it.  It is very difficult to see, though.  Most people would just give up on

reading it because of the spacing and call it nonsense.  Hopefully, all of you here are not like that.  Recently,

the person that wrote this story has taken control of this account.  I am that person.  Anyways, I'll add more

spacing to the story so that it's more legible.  This is a story that sounds like crap at first glance (each

individual sentence sounds odd) but it has a faint system of explaining itself.  What this means is that you

could ask any question about the plot or the characters and another sentence in that text will explain it.

Oh my god. Are you in grade school? Double spacing the lines is not what anyone meant by "white space". Have you ever heard of the amazing technology called "paragraphs"?

B-b-b-but Nigel! Paragraphs give things a semblance of coherence! He can't possibly do that to this masterpiece of linguistic defecation!

Could be worse. Could have double spaced between the words AND the line.

:x
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

flipdog

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 03, 2010, 04:57:49 PM
Quote from: Persona Facade on December 03, 2010, 04:57:01 PM
Don't worry reading the story doesn't help it make anymore sense. However, if you want to confuse someone or make them think 'WHY!?' this story is great.

I prefer doing that by being a horrible cunt, rather than with word salad.

Word!

the most righteous thing i've read all day.
Professor of Comparative Bollockology

Kansai

I didn't take the time to make paragraphs because, as mentioned in the first post, I was bored when I wrote it.  Though I'm flattered that you're all trying to take my work so seriously.  If I were in grade school, then I wouldn't be bored enough to type this monstrosity of joy and wonder.  Regardless, I'll be sure to type an actual work that will be more comprehensible... with paragraphs for all of my beloved fans.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Nigel on December 19, 2010, 07:39:31 PM
Oh my god. Are you in grade school? Double spacing the lines is not what anyone meant by "white space". Have you ever heard of the amazing technology called "paragraphs"?

You have no idea how validating it is to see someone else come to this conclusion.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 12:08:33 AM
I didn't take the time to make paragraphs because, as mentioned in the first post, I was bored when I wrote it.  Though I'm flattered that you're all trying to take my work so seriously.  If I were in grade school, then I wouldn't be bored enough to type this monstrosity of joy and wonder.  Regardless, I'll be sure to type an actual work that will be more comprehensible... with paragraphs for all of my beloved fans.

If you were "bored when you wrote it" and that made it impossible to try to make it any good, why on earth did you think it was good enough to share with anyone else?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on December 24, 2010, 09:03:43 AM
Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 12:08:33 AM

If you were "bored when you wrote it" and that made it impossible to try to make it any good, why on earth did you think it was good enough to share with anyone else?

This. If you were bored, and didn't want to put effort into writing it well enough to be coherent, why the fuck did you make me waste my fucking time reading it?

Kansai

It's not my fault that you decided to read it.  Besides, I'm just emphasizing the Discord in discordia with this.  You shouldn't have problems with a random person posting random stuff on a site meant for zaniness in the first place.  To put it simply, if you can't handle things which are illogical, then why do you bother logging onto this site to begin with?  That's like a homophobic attending a gay pride parade and barking at one guy for being queer.  "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen" as they would say.

To answer your question of why this was posted, I was requested by my predecessor of this account.  Seeing as you all seem to appear in the same chatrooms as him, it's almost as if he wanted me to post this story just so I could get slammed by the online community.  On the other hand, I was anticipating such criticism (as ineffectual and repetitive as they are).  For that reason, I'm not irritated by anyone's comments.  I still need to ask the guy why he thought I should post this.  To be honest, I was reluctant to use an account on here, though he insisted that I take this one.  Oh, well.  To each their own, I guess.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Poptart. It doesn't matter if it's actually him, it's basically the same thing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 01:40:39 PM
It's not my fault that you decided to read it.  Besides, I'm just emphasizing the Discord in discordia with this.  You shouldn't have problems with a random person posting random stuff on a site meant for zaniness in the first place.  To put it simply, if you can't handle things which are illogical, then why do you bother logging onto this site to begin with?  That's like a homophobic attending a gay pride parade and barking at one guy for being queer.  "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen" as they would say.

To answer your question of why this was posted, I was requested by my predecessor of this account.  Seeing as you all seem to appear in the same chatrooms as him, it's almost as if he wanted me to post this story just so I could get slammed by the online community.  On the other hand, I was anticipating such criticism (as ineffectual and repetitive as they are).  For that reason, I'm not irritated by anyone's comments.  I still need to ask the guy why he thought I should post this.  To be honest, I was reluctant to use an account on here, though he insisted that I take this one.  Oh, well.  To each their own, I guess.

Listen up, Special Boy. You seem to have come here in search of lame, worn-out stereotypes to practice your lame, worn-out stereotypes on. You might want to try actually reading the forum (assuming you are more literate than you appear) before telling us what it's all about. Here are a few good places to start:

(Protip: read the whole thread and not just the OP)

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26864.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18313.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21052.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=27460.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=23512.0

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh yeah, and this:

http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Will give you a much better idea of what this forum is about. This isn't your grandmother's Discordia.

However, I doubt you will like it or get anything out of it. Have you tried the Discordian groups on Facebook? I think they are much more what you are looking for.

Kansai

*Old technology is so impractical.  It erases your stuff in one click.*

I have read the forums and conclude that you are full of yourself and are no way creative, unique, or individualistic.  Especially since you carelessly throw the term "stereotype" around without knowing its definition.  It's true that you have more experience to the term discordian than myself.  However, a word's value is on its definition.  A word's definition is to be interpreted by the preceiving consciousness.  How I define Discordia is my business.  Should I follow what you are saying, then what's the whole point of joining?  I will agree on some points that you have made.  On the other hand, to completely abide by what you define as proper individualism would be a contradiction in and of itself.  Regardless of how many of you exist on this site, Rainbow Man, my output shall remain intangible to your state of order.  The fact is that you expect creativity to have YOUR sense of logic and flow.  I apologize for not following your "standards of chaos". 

Enjoy the forums.  Long live PD!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 08:16:41 PM
*Old technology is so impractical.  It erases your stuff in one click.*

I have read the forums and conclude that you are full of yourself and are no way creative, unique, or individualistic.  Especially since you carelessly throw the term "stereotype" around without knowing its definition.  It's true that you have more experience to the term discordian than myself.  However, a word's value is on its definition.  A word's definition is to be interpreted by the preceiving consciousness.  How I define Discordia is my business.  Should I follow what you are saying, then what's the whole point of joining?  I will agree on some points that you have made.  On the other hand, to completely abide by what you define as proper individualism would be a contradiction in and of itself.  Regardless of how many of you exist on this site, Rainbow Man, my output shall remain intangible to your state of order.  The fact is that you expect creativity to have YOUR sense of logic and flow.  I apologize for not following your "standards of chaos".  

Enjoy the forums.  Long live PD!

:outlandish:

Don't worry little one, someday you will grow up and be embarrassed by your idiocy. Probably not until you are at least 16 though.

ETA WHERE THE FUCK DID THE AKK EMOTE GO?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

By the way, if you bothered reading the forums at all before you posted, you would know that I'm a chick. Fucking prepubescent retard.

Kansai

I'm going by your icon, not your actual gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 24, 2010, 08:33:12 PM
I'm going by your icon, not your actual gender.

Are you shitting me? You've never heard of Hyperbole and a Half? That's a chick, you little twit.