News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

The Tale of Chaminade

Started by Kansai, December 03, 2010, 04:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kansai

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (Kwanzaa and Hanuka, too).  I know I did.  I got one of those Fushigi balls.  There's no mechanism in it at all.  It's just a ball.  Who knew?

Phox

Quote from: Mind King on December 26, 2010, 10:56:35 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (Kwanzaa and Hanuka, too).  I know I did.  I got one of those Fushigi balls.  There's no mechanism in it at all.  It's just a ball.  Who knew?
*cough*

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

People keep saying that thing about Hanukkah. Doesn't anyone know that Hanukkah was three weeks ago?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on December 26, 2010, 11:03:43 PM
People keep saying that thing about Hanukkah. Doesn't anyone know that Hanukkah was three weeks ago?

Happy Ramadan!

Kansai

I celebrated Ramadan with one of my friends earlier in the year.  I think of it as Super-Lent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 26, 2010, 11:08:19 PM

Happy Ramadan!

I hope you had an inspiring Rosh Hashanah!

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2010, 12:37:37 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 26, 2010, 11:08:19 PM

Happy Ramadan!

I hope you had an inspiring Rosh Hashanah!

I hope everyone had as fantastic a Chinese New Year as I did!

Cramulus

Quote from: Mind King on December 03, 2010, 04:38:36 PM
My friend was bored in his religion class and typed this.  Read it.

Hi there! Read the piece. Well honestly, I read about 2/3rds of it. I had trouble getting through it because it reads like it was generated by mad libs. Like the author didn't have a plan or a story so much as he wanted to kill time during class. Sort of like automatic writing - you pen a bunch of it down and then you feel like you got something out, you expressed something, but it's not really good reading.

I do commend you for having the balls to post stuff though - you CREATED something, and that's cool.

But I'd like to read some stuff you wrote that was intended for an audience to read. This reads like filler. And maybe I'm reading into it too much but I'm guessing you were warned that we all have a lot of teeth when it comes to lit critique, so you posted something fluffy so you wouldn't feel bad if it got dissed on? just a guess.

Phox

Quote from: Cramulus on December 27, 2010, 01:23:29 AM
Quote from: Mind King on December 03, 2010, 04:38:36 PM
My friend was bored in his religion class and typed this.  Read it.

Hi there! Read the piece. Well honestly, I read about 2/3rds of it. I had trouble getting through it because it reads like it was generated by mad libs. Like the author didn't have a plan or a story so much as he wanted to kill time during class. Sort of like automatic writing - you pen a bunch of it down and then you feel like you got something out, you expressed something, but it's not really good reading.

I do commend you for having the balls to post stuff though - you CREATED something, and that's cool.

But I'd like to read some stuff you wrote that was intended for an audience to read. This reads like filler. And maybe I'm reading into it too much but I'm guessing you were warned that we all have a lot of teeth when it comes to lit critique, so you posted something fluffy so you wouldn't feel bad if it got dissed on? just a guess.

CRAM, STOP BEING NICE TO THE NEWBS! YOU MAKE THE REST OF US LOOK LIKE THE JERKS WE ARE!  :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

I am taking a poomp in this here fread.

:flush:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kansai

My god!  is that Christmas dinner?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mind King on December 27, 2010, 03:14:12 AM
My god!  is that Christmas dinner?

No, the toilet wouldn't have a chance against Christmas dinner.  It can barely manage day-to-day operations.  No, for Christmas, I shat over the cliff behind the house, onto the golf course.  It's just my way of saying Merry Christmas to all, and to all a great heap of my ass nuggets.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Fujikoma

I love the way the flushing action generates enough wind to blow the toilet paper about.