News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

HEY, YOU, IN THE CAR AHEAD OF ME

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, December 04, 2010, 03:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

WHEN YOU ARE WAITING TO TURN LEFT AT AN INTERSECTION

AND THE LIGHT IS GREEN

PULL THE FUCK OUT, INTO THE INTERSECTION, AND LET CARS BEHIND YOU ADVANCE A LITTLE.

The argument that I can go from behind the crosswalk and through the next available break in traffic in the same amount of time as if I was in the center of the intersection is invalid, because in a busy intersection where the fucktards in the city's traffic planning department failed to put a LEFT TURN ARROW, pulling into the intersection allows ONE MORE CAR to advance at the end of the light, since he too will already be too far into the intersection to remain stopped, when the light turns red.

also, you do not need a break in the traffic as long as Ron Jeremy's dick to drive through.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hahahaha

This is one of my biggest driving pet peeves. This, and those clueless assholes who for some fucking reason CANNOT GO AROUND.

GO AROUND, MOTHERFUCKER. GO AROUND. JUST... FUCKING GO.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

You know what I hate even worse than either of those things

PT Cruisers

they are ugly poop-cars which look like some kind of horrible aborted fetus of the forbidden love of a VW Beetle and a Mini Cooper (both of which are cars I rather like). I have an entirely unrepentant, unjustified hatred for those vehicles and one of these days I'm gonna urinate on one for door-dinging me or something. Whatever.

also I nearly got killed by one, this one time.

FUCK PT Cruisers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I share your loathing.

Sadly, two of my friends bought them. New. They said the bank wouldn't loan on any other car at their income level because "PT Cruisers don't lose their value". I smell a racket.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

pt cruisers are the bane of my existence.  Same with that stupid chevy concept truck they put out a while ago.
:argh!:

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Eater of Clowns

This is why I drive a tiny fucking car.  There is no conceivable space that I cannot sneak or even rocket my way through.  Got one of those superduty trucks with six wheels and the side mirrors that extend three feet out?  That's cool, those mirrors pass right over my car.

PT Cruisers are the ugly.  They're an unfortunate example of cars that were hideous on release and now, over time, don't seem quite so awful.  Among them:  The Scion xB, the Honda Element.  Maybe one day the Toyota Yaris two-door will look less like that turd that you only pooped out because you knew you should and after a little spell it ends up as just this weird comma-like shape with very little cleanup required.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

PT Cruiser:  It's classy yet tough!  Not really!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on December 04, 2010, 07:49:02 PM
I share your loathing.

Sadly, two of my friends bought them. New. They said the bank wouldn't loan on any other car at their income level because "PT Cruisers don't lose their value". I smell a racket.

HORSESHIT ON AN ASSBURGER COOKED MEDIUM-WELL WITH KETCHUP AND A LARGE BUTTFRIES WITH THAT

Granted I know diddlyfuck about cars beyond how to drive my own, but my understanding is that cars start losing value the micro-instant they leave the dealer's lot. I absolutely agree that there must be a racket, and I am 100% in favor of marching on a road of bones over this.

And who the heck cares if the car loses value anyway? You buy a car to fucking DRIVE it, not flip it like real estate pancakes.

oh I understand now: PT Cruisers don't lose their value because they siphon off value from the world around them. They retain the appearance of maintaining their value by ruining everything else with their presence.

Cainad,
this is a special kind of loathing for me, and I don't even know why

Bella

I share your loathing.

I don't like them, either. I understand where your friends are coming from, though, because I felt intense pressure from lenders to buy a PT Cruiser when I was looking for a new car four years ago. The banks are wrong, though. I did a lot of research before deciding which vehicle to buy and the PT Cruisers just don't hold their value. According to this article:  http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008/06/pt-cruiser/  Pt Cruisers lose an estimated 63% of their purchase value over the first five years. Admittedly, the article is a couple of years old, but still...

By comparison, Liam and I have a 2007 Mustang GT and it's holding value very well. The dealership it came from has offered to buy it back a couple of times and the car was only down about 22% at the time of the last offer. We're not selling it, though.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Dysnomia

I want a smart car so bad.  I'm just waiting till their value plummets when people find out they are essentially useless vehicles.  Then I'll snatch one up for pennies.  :banana:

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

if they are useless why do you want one  :?

Dysnomia

because I think they're cute, and would be fun to putt putt around in.  That is about their only use though in this country since most people need to haul kids, more groceries than that can carry, etc etc. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on December 04, 2010, 11:44:21 PM
I share your loathing.

HORSESHIT ON AN ASSBURGER COOKED MEDIUM-WELL WITH KETCHUP AND A LARGE BUTTFRIES WITH THAT

Granted I know diddlyfuck about cars beyond how to drive my own, but my understanding is that cars start losing value the micro-instant they leave the dealer's lot. I absolutely agree that there must be a racket, and I am 100% in favor of marching on a road of bones over this.

And who the heck cares if the car loses value anyway? You buy a car to fucking DRIVE it, not flip it like real estate pancakes.

oh I understand now: PT Cruisers don't lose their value because they siphon off value from the world around them. They retain the appearance of maintaining their value by ruining everything else with their presence.

Cainad,
this is a special kind of loathing for me, and I don't even know why

This made me LOL. Despite headache.

AFK

Quote from: Cainad on December 04, 2010, 05:29:37 PM
You know what I hate even worse than either of those things

PT Cruisers

they are ugly poop-cars which look like some kind of horrible aborted fetus of the forbidden love of a VW Beetle and a Mini Cooper (both of which are cars I rather like). I have an entirely unrepentant, unjustified hatred for those vehicles and one of these days I'm gonna urinate on one for door-dinging me or something. Whatever.

also I nearly got killed by one, this one time.

FUCK PT Cruisers.

FUCK YOU MY DAD HAS A PT CRUISER!!!

No, really he does. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I am on the "I loathe PT Cruisers" bandwagon. They are hideous and every one I've met who drives one is a pretentious asshole who doesn't really understand how to 1.) drive 2.) park 3.) spend money in a responsible fashion. Point of order, once I was told that PT Cruisers were actually a new type of race car. By someone who devoutly believed it. But he was from Massachusetts so . . .
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.