You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Anti-environmentalism.

Started by Kai, December 06, 2010, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 11, 2011, 09:50:38 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on January 11, 2011, 07:29:00 PM
I am unconvinced that overpopulation is the actual problem.

Abuse of resources? Sure. Poor management of resources? Absolutely.

We waste land, we waste food, we waste water, we waste energy. The US itself sucks up far more than it needs to to support its population.

Telling people to have fewer babies will not fix greed and indolence. Correcting waste and greed seems like a far more sustainable and useful angle than simply trying to cut off baby production.

Is there any particular reason that you think crowding out all other life on this planet and living cheek-to-cheek has an advantage over simply breeding less?

HAVING 10 BILLION PEOPLE EATING OFF THE SAME FARMLAND IS GOOD MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES!

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

If a little farther down the line, with some genetic manipulation, a genome tweaked here and there, and some rooting compound or whatever, We should be able to genetically introduce a biological addition, that enhances our blood's abilities and efficiency. What I was thinking, is crossing a plant gene, Chlorophyll, into our blood, then we could photosynthesize all of our energy needs instead of having to raep the Earth with plowshares, and enslave whole other species for food. All we'll need is water, and a drop of phostrogen now and then. And of course, we would all be lovely shades of green, so there'd be no more racism, or colour prejudice. Surely someone could get started on this now, then we could have a truly green Olympic experience, for 2012, and the World might not end after all.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 12, 2011, 03:13:40 AM
Wtf are you smoking?

Apparently, he's been smoking AWESOME, and all you spags can do is shit on him.

What the fuck is up with you people today?  Why are we suddenly shitting on rants?  Everything he writes is on-topic satire, if anyone would take the fucking time to read it.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Just a little bit of skunk. Earlier on. ........Oh yeah, and a couple of little lines of ketamine!  :lulz:

eta, Ta Rog, I nearly got out the "A" word out earlier too, but I'd only ended up chasing it all over the the fucking forums again, trying to clear up the mess.
What with blizzards, earthquakes, and women wiping their dog's arses, it's been a bit of a week.  :mrgreen:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 12, 2011, 03:32:27 AM
Wtf are you smoking?

What the fuck is up with you people today?  Why are we suddenly shitting on rants?  Everything he writes is on-topic satire, if anyone would take the fucking time to read it.

I agree. It's good stuff. Do we just suddenly only accept Sepia-style surrealism when it's page length or something?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wtf are you smoking?

This.

I'm not sure what's suddenly so confusing about Badbeast's use of satire, sarcasm, or his biting wit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: BadBeast on January 12, 2011, 03:04:10 AM
If a little farther down the line, with some genetic manipulation, a genome tweaked here and there, and some rooting compound or whatever, We should be able to genetically introduce a biological addition, that enhances our blood's abilities and efficiency. What I was thinking, is crossing a plant gene, Chlorophyll, into our blood, then we could photosynthesize all of our energy needs instead of having to raep the Earth with plowshares, and enslave whole other species for food. All we'll need is water, and a drop of phostrogen now and then AND BACON AND COFFEE. And of course, we would all be lovely shades of green, so there'd be no more racism, or colour prejudice. Surely someone could get started on this now, then we could have a truly green Olympic experience, for 2012, and the World might not end after all.   

fixed cause surely we'll go insane, otherwise.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 12, 2011, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on January 12, 2011, 03:04:10 AM
If a little farther down the line, with some genetic manipulation, a genome tweaked here and there, and some rooting compound or whatever, We should be able to genetically introduce a biological addition, that enhances our blood's abilities and efficiency. What I was thinking, is crossing a plant gene, Chlorophyll, into our blood, then we could photosynthesize all of our energy needs instead of having to raep the Earth with plowshares, and enslave whole other species for food. All we'll need is water, and a drop of phostrogen now and then AND BACON AND COFFEE. And of course, we would all be lovely shades of green, so there'd be no more racism, or colour prejudice. Surely someone could get started on this now, then we could have a truly green Olympic experience, for 2012, and the World might not end after all.   

fixed cause surely we'll go insane, otherwise.
An oversight on my part. Not rolling far without bacon. And I understand some people can be quite . . . . . . . flaky, without coffee. So of course, if you need to get caffed up, then carry on. I'm certainly not giving up smoking, just because I'm bright viridian green. Also, I don't need my lungs to work so efficiently anymore, as nearly all my respiratory process now takes place in my blood. The Co2 I need for photosynthesis, is replaced by my red blood cells as they exchange the waste oxygen from my Phsy, for waste Co2 from resp.
One un-foreseen side effect is that my hair now follows a 24 hour phototropic cycle, and always points towards the Sun. And that's OK, but it seems to have a slight Aphid infestation.  I don't know whether to go with an Organo-phosphate Shampoo, or to use eco-friendly Ladybirds. Oh, and I now shit pure John Innes Compost. Nice earthy smell. Not like shit at all. Interesting.

Triple Zero

Excellent, then we are in agreement. Carry on!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nigel on January 12, 2011, 04:13:53 AM
Wtf are you smoking?

This.

I'm not sure what's suddenly so confusing about Badbeast's use of satire, sarcasm, or his biting wit.

Maybe you guys are reading too much into Requia's comment.

I think Badbeast is a creative genius and expert troll (mittens to you, you brilliant old bastard). However, until Requia adds clarification, I find the most parsimonious explanation is that Requia just didn't get it.

Perhaps it's a regional or generational thing, but "WTF are you smoking?" seems like a pretty innocuous expression of confusion, not hostility.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 13, 2011, 12:14:59 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 12, 2011, 04:13:53 AM
Wtf are you smoking?

What the fuck is up with you people today?  Why are we suddenly shitting on rants?  Everything he writes is on-topic satire, if anyone would take the fucking time to read it.

This.

Maybe you guys are reading too much into Requia's comment.

I think Badbeast is a creative genius and expert troll (mittens to you, you brilliant old bastard). However, until Requia adds clarification, I find the most parsimonious explanation is that Requia just didn't get it.

Perhaps it's a regional or generational thing, but "WTF are you smoking?" seems like a pretty innocuous expression of confusion, not hostility.

That's what I'd have thought, except that similar or more pointed comments have been made toward Badbeast's posts two or three other times recently.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

All of which went completely over my head. Of course, now that they have been pointed out,  I'm far too paranoid to post anything at all! It took me three hours to bring myself to Log in.  The Fear™ is stalking me now as well. I think I lost it somewhere in Apple talk, but it's still there, lurking. If anyone sees it, could they please just grab it for me, and I'll stuff it back into it's cage, and torment it with a pointy stick! Thanks.

Oh, and I was joking about the paranoia, btw. *Glances around, nervously*  :evil:

LMNO

Ok, I admit, I had noticed that his posting style had shifted in the past few days.

I made a snarky observation to that effect.  No hostility meant.

Now that I've gotten a feel for it, I think that his last dozen plus posts have been brilliant.

Jolly show, old chap, etc.

BadBeast

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 13, 2011, 02:42:24 PM
Ok, I admit, I had noticed that his posting style had shifted in the past few days.

I made a snarky observation to that effect.  No hostility meant.

Now that I've gotten a feel for it, I think that his last dozen plus posts have been brilliant.

Jolly show, old chap, etc.
Thanks mate, and It really did all go over my head.