News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Anti-environmentalism.

Started by Kai, December 06, 2010, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pixie on January 11, 2011, 05:12:29 PM
the easiest way to reduce population is to educate women. those who getinto higher education are more inclined to have careers and have less kids.
This is what i always say.
Most educated women prefer to have children later in life. This effectively reduces the total reproduction without using the less palatable methods for limiting such.
One other method i think should be considered is not banning chemicals that reduce fertility.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on April 22, 2012, 06:32:09 PM
Quote from: Pixie on January 11, 2011, 05:12:29 PM
the easiest way to reduce population is to educate women. those who getinto higher education are more inclined to have careers and have less kids.
This is what i always say.
Most educated women prefer to have children later in life. This effectively reduces the total reproduction without using the less palatable methods for limiting such.
One other method i think should be considered is not banning chemicals that reduce fertility.

Wait, what?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Eeeehh, that's really shaky territory there, Regret. Chemicals that impact fertility usually do lots of other horrible things. Reducing population by giving women, say, ovarian cancer, or causing lethal birth defects en masse sounds a little bit... Mengele-ish.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on April 22, 2012, 07:13:39 PM
Eeeehh, that's really shaky territory there, Regret. Chemicals that impact fertility usually do lots of other horrible things. Reducing population by giving women, say, ovarian cancer, or causing lethal birth defects en masse sounds a little bit... Mengele-ish.

Not to mention that if he's talking about chemicals that are released into the environment, they won't selectively effect only humans.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm thinking regret might have meant contraceptives...English isn't his first language, after all, and that's not one of the easier words to remember.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2012, 07:25:34 PM
I'm thinking regret might have meant contraceptives...English isn't his first language, after all, and that's not one of the easier words to remember.

That would make a lot more sense. And sound less like a plan devised by Lex Luthor.

Lenin McCarthy

The OP reminded me of the chorus of this song: I'm gonna feed our children non-organic food, and with the money saved take 'em to the zoo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2012, 07:25:34 PM

That makes much more sense on some levels, but then raises the question, what does he mean "consider not banning" them? Contraceptives are only banned in a tiny handful of areas.

Cain

The policy of trying to ban them is quite popular with the Catholic Church, Muslims and the American Religious Right though.  Some take a more incrementalist approach...but especially in the Middle East and Africa (two places where, arguably, access to contraception is most needed) religious groups are most vocal about the unholy nature of it.

Reginald Ret

Nah, i was going for the all out evil bastard version.
Except that i derped and didn't realise it would have side effects and or be aselective.
Once again reality got in the way of my genius plans to conquer improve the world.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: :regret: on April 23, 2012, 05:05:21 PM

Oh, well then...You're in some pretty famous company.

Do you plan to start with smudgy people, or Jews?
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 23, 2012, 05:11:04 PM
Quote from: :regret: on April 23, 2012, 05:05:21 PM

Oh, well then...You're in some pretty famous company.

Do you plan to start with smudgy people, or Jews?
All humans at the same time, i don't care.
Though effectively it would have been humans in the most polluted area first.
my first thought was: 'Yay! polluting cunts first!' but then i realised most humans outsource their pollution.
Dammit, there is just no way to win at this eugenics thing is there :(

Nevermind, i'll just put my vote behind the education point and nothing else.
Oh, and i'll post this TED talk by Melinda Gates here.
http://www.ted.com/talks/melinda_gates_let_s_put_birth_control_back_on_the_agenda.html

Doktor Howl

Quote from: :regret: on April 24, 2012, 08:48:27 PM

Not if you're gonna get all ethical on me, no.

What's wrong with killing off Chinese people so you and I can have an Iphone?
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

People dont care as long as they can have their gadgets.

Twid
using his gadget
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 24, 2012, 08:51:16 PM
Quote from: :regret: on April 24, 2012, 08:48:27 PM

Not if you're gonna get all ethical on me, no.

What's wrong with killing off Chinese people so you and I can have an Iphone?
Nothing!
It's not like they are good people we would be killing right?
What with their 1 child eugenic policy massively reducing the X chromosome variation.
Soon women will also suffer from the many afflictions that are more common among men than women and are caused by a defective X-chromosome!

like color blindness!

Finally we will have gender equality!
muahahhahwhwhw