News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Emoticon Presentation

Started by Juana, December 06, 2010, 10:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Sister Fracture expressed interest in a project I was borrowing emoticons from PD for.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maoFv4bleV0

However, I didn't end up talking about PD at all. /tg/ got substituted instead. The quality is not that great because my laptop sucks enormously, but there it is. I hope I'm audible at least.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was actually a pretty fucking good presentation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Well thank you. :D Hope my teacher agrees.

It's also my first attempt at editing audio, and rewatching tells me I need to practice more.   :oops:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

Nice presentation.

I think I need to use more smilies.

Jasper

Good job!  It flowed well and came across clearly. 

Cuddlefish

In the spirit of the thread, I say simply  :mittens:
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Juana

Phox

Jenne

Ahhh...very cool.  We were JUST starting to look at this sort of stuff when I was finishing my MA at UCLA in my linguistic anthropology course.

Triple Zero

Just watched it, really good stuff, and indeed very clear, good pacing and simply better than most "youtube vids trying to explain something".

Also, you have a great voice, perfectly suited for this kind of presentation. At first I thought "this is someone from PD? but the tone of voice, it sounds so ... professional". If not this, you might want to try and see if you can do some one-off jobs for recording those phone/voicemail/number menus or radio infomercials :)

Only point of constructive criticism: There are a few times when your voice would have been more clear if you'd pause at some strategic point in the sentence [like at a comma], seems to happen slightly more to the end of the presentation, which is too bad because /tg/ is a much less familiar topic than the more introductory stuff at the beginning, as well.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Juana

Quote from: Jenne on December 09, 2010, 09:56:19 PM
Ahhh...very cool.  We were JUST starting to look at this sort of stuff when I was finishing my MA at UCLA in my linguistic anthropology course.
Thanks! It's fun stuff, lol.

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 10, 2010, 09:47:50 AM
Just watched it, really good stuff, and indeed very clear, good pacing and simply better than most "youtube vids trying to explain something".

Also, you have a great voice, perfectly suited for this kind of presentation. At first I thought "this is someone from PD? but the tone of voice, it sounds so ... professional". If not this, you might want to try and see if you can do some one-off jobs for recording those phone/voicemail/number menus or radio infomercials :)

Only point of constructive criticism: There are a few times when your voice would have been more clear if you'd pause at some strategic point in the sentence [like at a comma], seems to happen slightly more to the end of the presentation, which is too bad because /tg/ is a much less familiar topic than the more introductory stuff at the beginning, as well.
Thank you! :) I've spent about eight years getting up in front of people and giving speeches to people, so that probably helps, lol.  I'll look into that, because I can always use some extra money.

Yeah, that's probably due to editing. :P I'll certainly keep it in mind, if I do another presentation like this. :)