News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

DM/Player Ownage

Started by Don Coyote, December 03, 2010, 09:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 09:52:39 PM
Have you considered adapting monsters from "Evil Dead"?

They would totally deserve it.

One step ahead of you.  2 sessions from now, they'll be up to their arses in ghouls.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Now running TWO campaigns, as RotRL is only every other week, and we're playing twice a week now.

Running the infamous Rappan Athuk.  Party has completed the "find the fucking place" intro, and has cleared the first level.  They are commenting on how this is WAY easier than they were led to expect.

Muhaha.  Little do they know...

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Fujikoma

Hahaha!  That's great, TGGR!... Wish I could play some D&D, but I'm often not invited back to play RPGs, I think it's because I tend to break the plot devices because I'm curious and tinker with things I shouldn't...

Reading about the crazy sodium block trap, it occurs to me that the party has to play that way to survive, when God is such an evil bastard... Or was that retribution for the torment of Raul (among, likely, other events)? LMAO

I've always wanted to find a good DM to play with, not really familiar with the newer rules, I mean, I skimmed through the rulebooks my little brother had, as well as the monster manual, but, eh, it was so big and complicated, and a quick run through didn't tell me a whole lot. Well, maybe one of these days...

Do you have more stories like those, TGRR? Is there another thread or something I could read? These seriously made me laugh.

Sister Fracture

Roger: Okay, you find a gem with a tiiiiiiny dragon inside. I need a spellcraft and knowledge dungeoneering check."

Me: I got a 30 spellcraft, and a 24 dungeoneering.

Roger: Okay, you know that you've found a faerie dragon in a Trap the Soul spell.

Me: I release it! (motions thrusting it towards the ground)

Roger: You know that if you break it, you'll kill him! You need to know his name to release him. (smirk)

Me: Oh. Hm. (mimes raising a sword, particularly a sword that lets the bearer use Commune once per week) DEAR VALKYRIES, WHAT IS THIS FAERIE DRAGON'S NAME. LOVE, MERYSIEL.

Roger: Goddammit. You now have a faerie dragon companion.

Me: Awesome! I'll take the familiar class feature and Improved Familiar feat when I level!

Roger: :crankey:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fujikoma on January 03, 2011, 06:51:54 AM
Hahaha!  That's great, TGGR!... Wish I could play some D&D, but I'm often not invited back to play RPGs, I think it's because I tend to break the plot devices

Not only would you not be allowed back, you'd be forcibly ejected through the front door, and into the big fucking cactus.

Stumping the DM is one thing, RUINING THE FUCKING GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE IS ANOTHER.

Sister Fracture

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Richter

Richter: I need a perception check from everyone. 

Brendon: (former graphic design / art student, and the only one who made the roll) I got 21.

Richter:  Everyone else, you see the waterfront,  That path you're standing on, you realize all the tiles are regular octagons.

Brendon:  Oh, OK.  I uh.....  ::tries to visualize:: ...ow..

Richter: Yup.

Brendon:  My brain....

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

*crunch, crunch* ... found it! hyperbolic plane :)

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Irregulars, but still Awesome! :mrgreen:  Swiped.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

So far, the party in Rappan Athuk managed to convert the level 2 boss to their side.  Tragically, however, he was immediately eaten by a purple worm on level 3.

AFTER he tossed 2 pots of green slime down its throat.

In short, the party used a monster to use a monster to kill a monster.

Goddammit.  :madbanana:

Sister Fracture

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 02:19:34 PM
So far, the party in Rappan Athuk managed to convert the level 2 boss to their side.  Tragically, however, he was immediately eaten by a purple worm on level 3.

AFTER he tossed 2 pots of green slime down its throat.

In short, the party used a monster to use a monster to kill a monster.

Goddammit.  :madbanana:

I think I need to move to Tuscon so I can witness this first hand.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Richter on January 20, 2011, 05:08:04 AM

No no no, they only *seem* irregular because they're projected onto a Poincare disc because otherwise you can't even *fit* a hyperbolic tiling in a flat euclidian space.

However, in hyperbolic space, they're perfectly regular.

It's not *quite* Lovecraftian, but nearly :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2011, 03:57:45 PM
Quote from: Richter on January 20, 2011, 05:08:04 AM

No no no, they only *seem* irregular because they're projected onto a Poincare disc because otherwise you can't even *fit* a hyperbolic tiling in a flat euclidian space.

However, in hyperbolic space, they're perfectly regular.

It's not *quite* Lovecraftian, but nearly :)

Ah, so it's a REAL trick of non-euclidian geometry.  :lulz:  That's a great thing to know, thanks!

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2010, 05:20:16 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 09:52:39 PM
Have you considered adapting monsters from "Evil Dead"?

They would totally deserve it.

One step ahead of you.  2 sessions from now, they'll be up to their arses in ghouls.

Which got taken care of with 2 fireballs. :evil: