OMG HUMAN RIGHTS!! GOOGLE WANTS TO TAKE OUR CAPSLOCK AWAY

Started by Triple Zero, December 08, 2010, 12:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

More like "Google wants to offer netbooks with less stupid keyboards."

I wish I could get a full-size keyboard without capslock.  It is useless.  And it is right next to the third most frequent character in my language.  What the fuck.  Let's just make a "select all and delete" key next to the enter key while we're being dumb.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 08, 2010, 11:44:46 PM

I wish I could get a full-size keyboard without capslock.  It is useless.  And it is right next to the third most frequent character in my language.  What the fuck.  Let's just make a "select all and delete" key next to the enter key while we're being dumb.

THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Personally, I think that capslock should be a multi-key function. alt-shift-8 or some shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Some of my truly nerdy acquaintances are complaining that they use the capslock key as an extra ctrl or command key.  :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Nerds?  Complaining about things no reasonable person cares about?  Well I never.  :lol:

GIGGLES

this is a motherfucking outage! i want to rape these motherfuckers with a motherfucking cactus!

wait! oh motherfuckering fuck you google!

Persona Facade

FUCK THAT! I WANT MY CAPS-LOCK FOR MY HUNT AND PECK!
CAPS-LOCK>GOOGLE
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
-George Bush

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 08, 2010, 11:44:46 PM

personally I hate the enter key being right next to the apostrophe.  Since it sends text in any IM and in IRC I end up with a posessive meaning I send half the post.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Triple Zero

actually, I set my Capslock key to be an extra Escape key. Cause indeed I would also press it by accident. There were a whole bunch of options, and this one turned out to be marginally more useful than just disabling it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.