News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Slow Time in Fat City, part 9: The Last Investigative Journalist

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 08, 2010, 05:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

I finished re-reading Transmetropolitan just yesterday.

Fucking uncanny. More than a few times, a chill went up my spine as I read a page or two that came too close to the Real World.

BadBeast

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on December 14, 2010, 06:45:23 AM

Fucking uncanny. More than a few times, a chill went up my spine as I read a page or two that came too close to the Real World.
I'll tell you what's fucking uncanny. Warren Ellis's fictionalised coverage of the 2016 election campaign. 18 years early. And inventing "google glass" for Spider's uber cool glasses. And predicting live streaming internet newscasts. Bumped for relevance. And as an excuse to stick my head around the door and say "Hey everyone". So erm, Hey everyone . . . and L8rs pert8ers.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on June 06, 2017, 04:36:54 AM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on December 14, 2010, 06:45:23 AM

I'll tell you what's fucking uncanny. Warren Ellis's fictionalised coverage of the 2016 election campaign. 18 years early. And inventing "google glass" for Spider's uber cool glasses. And predicting live streaming internet newscasts. Bumped for relevance. And as an excuse to stick my head around the door and say "Hey everyone". So erm, Hey everyone . . . and L8rs pert8ers.

I always thought the election in that was more "Obama replacing Nixon".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

Bump, just cause we were discussing about journalism degrading into entertainment in Aneristic Illussions.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner