News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Westboro Baptist will picket Elizabeth Edwards' funeral

Started by Adios, December 09, 2010, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Hover Cat on December 10, 2010, 08:02:43 PM
I hope something like that happens at Ewards's funeral - people placing themselves between the WBC people and the funeral proper. I dunno if it will, but it would be nice.

Actually, I was sorta hoping daydreaming about a buncha people with big baseball bats would get out of a lot of vehicles and bit the motherfucking shit outta the Westboro gang.  But then, that's promulgating violence, and I'd never do such a thing.  Ever.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on December 10, 2010, 08:27:52 PM
I hope something like that happens at Ewards's funeral - people placing themselves between the WBC people and the funeral proper. I dunno if it will, but it would be nice.

Actually, I was sorta hoping daydreaming about a buncha people with big baseball bats would get out of a lot of vehicles and bit the motherfucking shit outta the Westboro gang.  But then, that's promulgating violence, and I'd never do such a thing.  Ever.

And that would make them the good guys.

Jenne

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 10, 2010, 08:43:12 PM
Quote from: Jenne on December 10, 2010, 08:27:52 PM

And that would make them the good guys.

Well, I said it as a FANTASY.

And pisssshhhh! don't care. 

BadBeast

I wonder if anyone will turn up and protest rejoice when that senile old prick of a Pastor carks it. 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Juana

Probably. I wouldn't, because that would be falling into the same mold he did, but I have no doubt someone will. And then maybe his family will get the picture, but I wouldn't count on it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

I'd like to show the Phelps family what evil and depraved really is.

Oh, yes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: Hover Cat on December 10, 2010, 10:01:58 PM
Probably. I wouldn't, because that would be falling into the same mold he did, but I have no doubt someone will. And then maybe his family will get the picture, but I wouldn't count on it.
You're right of course. It doesn't look good, vociferously railing at these numb fucks for their appallingly crass behaviour at funerals, then going and doing exactly the same thing when it's one of them being put in the ground.

I have no problem with Phelps having a nice, small, dignified funeral. So much so, in fact, that I'd like him to be present himself, alive, and conscious, and nailed into his coffin so he can enjoy the dignity of it himself. It would be an awful; shame if he were to miss it, just because he was dead. And I think his faith is probably strong enough for his God to afford him this special privilege, in thanks for a lifetime of selflessly spreading His Word among the Hell bound Sinners, that even one of them might find their way to the Light, and be Saved.  Hallelujah!    
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 10, 2010, 10:56:52 PM
You're right of course. It doesn't look good, vociferously railing at these numb fucks for their appallingly crass behaviour at funerals, then going and doing exactly the same thing when it's one of them being put in the ground.

I have no problem with Phelps having a nice, small, dignified funeral. So much so, in fact, that I'd like him to be present himself, alive, and conscious, and nailed into his coffin so he can enjoy the dignity of it himself. It would be an awful; shame if he were to miss it, just because he was dead. And I think his faith is probably strong enough for his God to afford him this special privilege, in thanks for a lifetime of selflessly spreading His Word among the Hell bound Sinners, that even one of them might find their way to the Light, and be Saved.  Hallelujah!    

Give him a quiet funeral, and then shit on his grave.

How hard is it?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 10, 2010, 11:04:51 PM

I have no problem with Phelps having a nice, small, dignified funeral. So much so, in fact, that I'd like him to be present himself, alive, and conscious, and nailed into his coffin so he can enjoy the dignity of it himself. It would be an awful; shame if he were to miss it, just because he was dead. And I think his faith is probably strong enough for his God to afford him this special privilege, in thanks for a lifetime of selflessly spreading His Word among the Hell bound Sinners, that even one of them might find their way to the Light, and be Saved.  Hallelujah!   

How hard is it?
Yeah, that would work, but imagine getting caught! They'd put you in a "resthome" somewhere, with nice Nurse Ratchet, and a Thorazine drip. Until they "Cure" you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 10, 2010, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 10, 2010, 11:04:51 PM

I have no problem with Phelps having a nice, small, dignified funeral. So much so, in fact, that I'd like him to be present himself, alive, and conscious, and nailed into his coffin so he can enjoy the dignity of it himself. It would be an awful; shame if he were to miss it, just because he was dead. And I think his faith is probably strong enough for his God to afford him this special privilege, in thanks for a lifetime of selflessly spreading His Word among the Hell bound Sinners, that even one of them might find their way to the Light, and be Saved.  Hallelujah!   

How hard is it?
Yeah, that would work, but imagine getting caught! They'd put you in a "resthome" somewhere, with nice Nurse Ratchet, and a Thorazine drip. Until they "Cure" you.

I'm okay with that.

BadBeast

Adios

In the end, only five Westboro congregants showed for the protest, which took place in a cold, steady rain.

Other public mourners included as many 150 supporters who gathered a few blocks away from the church for a counter-demonstration against a group of picketers from the controversial Westboro Baptist Church.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/11/edwards.funeral/index.html?hpt=C1

Whatever

I would love to picket a Sunday morning service at the church.  Give them a taste of their own medicene.

AFK

Yeah, bringing them some more media attention will really show them what for!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.