News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Man heals himself with parasitic worms..

Started by Adios, December 10, 2010, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

One day in 2004, a 29-year-old man with a terrible stomach problem stepped off a plane from the United States in Thailand. He wasn't there for the sights, or the food, or the beaches. He had traveled thousands of miles for worms -- parasitic worms whose eggs he intended to swallow by the thousands.

{snip}

and ingested first a dose of 500 eggs and then another of 1,000. The worms could live in his intestinal tract for many years. Three months later he had fewer bloody bowel movements, and soon, none at all. His bowel movements were normal. He felt fine.
From time to time, when his ulcerative colitis would flare up again, he'd extract eggs from his own stool, and clean, embryonate and ingest them. Again, his symptoms would go away.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/09...x.html?npt=NP1

Fascinating!

Precious Moments Zalgo

I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Don Coyote

That took a hell of a lot of intestinal fortitude to do that.

Bruno

A friend of mine from another website tried that at about the same time (2004ish) to treat his Chron's with positive results.

Though I haven't heard from him lately.
Formerly something else...

Adios

Well, digging through ones poop for something to eat is, well, ah hell, you get the idea.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've heard of people doing this for various ailments, including, weirdly, allergies. It grosses me out but it also makes a certain amount of sense that some flagellates that we have essentially co-evolved with would be more symbiotic than parasitic.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Nigel on December 11, 2010, 05:21:50 PM
I've heard of people doing this for various ailments, including, weirdly, allergies. It grosses me out but it also makes a certain amount of sense that some flagellates that we have essentially co-evolved with would be more symbiotic than parasitic.

And apparently they're great for weight loss too:

Reginald Ret

This needs more research.
What species have what effect etc etc.
Cool idea though, i like the concept of symbiotic medicine.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Persona Facade

The noble tapeworm always gets such a bad wrap.
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
-George Bush