News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Alright PD, seriously, what do you think of...

Started by Suu, December 14, 2010, 03:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu on December 14, 2010, 08:51:19 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hipster on December 14, 2010, 08:15:05 PM
"Gregor" and "Enzo"?

your friends aren't even American, they don't get to have an opinion on this. :lulz:

They are. Those aren't their real names.

Lemme guess, their real names are Sacco and Vanzatti. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: East Coast Hipster on December 15, 2010, 01:05:45 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 14, 2010, 08:51:19 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hipster on December 14, 2010, 08:15:05 PM
"Gregor" and "Enzo"?

your friends aren't even American, they don't get to have an opinion on this. :lulz:

They are. Those aren't their real names.

Lemme guess, their real names are Sacco and Vanzatti. :lulz:

If only. but neither of them are from american families that came over here sometime before the turn of the 20th century.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

As someone who was in your situation multiple times this last year, I have to wholeheartedly echo my fellow spags.

Survival comes first.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If food stamps aren't for students, who are they being saved for?  :? Man, you're in school. You're going to graduate, get a good job, and pay into the system for decades. Right now, you need to eat, and you need to have time to study so a second job, even if you could get one, isn't an option. Get some fucking food stamps so you can finish your schoolin'!

As for Whole Foods, "gourmet" food, and food stamps, I don't see why that's such a bad thing. Basics at Whole Foods don't cost much, if anything, more than basics at Safeway, and it doesn't become "gourmet" until you cook it, no matter what store it's from. I live six blocks from a Whole Foods and I'm broke as fuck, but I buy a lot of food there, like bulk brown rice, fresh meat, milk, etc.

I don't plan to start going the extra distance to a marginally less expensive store if I ever get on food stamps, either. I don't buy prepared packaged foods so it doesn't make that much difference to me, and in most cases it's not worth the extra gas unless I'm doing major huge shopping.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 14, 2010, 03:05:31 PM
College kids on food stamps/SNAP?

Everybody gotta eat.  Do what you have to do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.