News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

No Hot Dog Buns!

Started by LMNO, August 23, 2004, 04:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Do ya think that when Eris worked out the "no hot dog buns" clause, She was on the Atkins diet?

Schweinepriester G.

Sounds plausible. Of course there are madmen defending another theory.
*pies the question*
"...it would needlessly exclude IMPS implementations that
  may utilize sub-atomic monkeys and/or multiple universes;"
RFC 2795, section 4 (Infinite-TAG)

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: Schweinepriester G.Sounds plausible. Of course there are madmen defending another theory.
*pies the question*
that Is the reason for eating a hot dog yes... but the question was about why she it it without a bun...

not the atkins diet... she being a good Discordia (hail eris full of grease) eschewed the concept of money ( she could not afford a bun) the hot dog was stolen from the banquet on her way out.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Zurtok Khan

Didn't she have to go in to come out?
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

SMFabal

I also recall something from the Book of Eris on this, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

CannedLizard

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: Schweinepriester G.Sounds plausible. Of course there are madmen defending another theory.
*pies the question*
that Is the reason for eating a hot dog yes... but the question was about why she it it without a bun...

not the atkins diet... she being a good Discordia (hail eris full of grease) eschewed the concept of money ( she could not afford a bun) the hot dog was stolen from the banquet on her way out.

I seem to remember Verthaine's book of life was because the hot dog bun came from a steamer, and was all moist and fell apart. So we all need to hate hot dog buns with her.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

gnimbley

I love sprouted grain Ezekiel 4:9 hot dog buns. :D  But all I have are
some cheap surplus Colonial hot dog buns bought for a cookout a month
ago.  :cry:  I really want some sprouted grain buns.

Das Raddiche

i havent seen a hotdog bun since i was in the US

Mexico really is for Discordians

"The revolution will not be televised"   --Gil Scott Heron

datacorruption

I believe that Eris was referring to both the bun and the hotdog when she said that one should not partake of the hotdog buns, as when would one ever partake of a hotdog bun? Only when eating a hotdog IMO. And since hotdogs are made of crap (possibly not literally, but pretty darn close), it's probably just... er... returns to post five minutes later and loses it...

...bloody work
-----------------------------------
Look, nice dashes, nice.

MedeoPlusPlus

I love hot dog buns.

Fuck the catma (not literally, of course).
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

datacorruption

I prefer burger buns actually.

With those little sesame seeds on, yes. Although the ones with other bigger seeds on are nice too, don't want to knock all those non-sesame seeds out there you know. Fairs fair and all that.
Look, nice dashes, nice.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: ahdkawI prefer burger buns actually.

With those little sesame seeds on, yes. Although the ones with other bigger seeds on are nice too, don't want to knock all those non-sesame seeds out there you know. Fairs fair and all that.

little known fact, but odds are you can't even taste the seeds. they take very high temperatures before they rpture and their oils can add flaver to anything. they're mostly for show.

Slarti

Quote from: MedeoI love hot dog buns.

Fuck the catma (not literally, of course).

for for like the first 12 times i read that as "fuck the cat, ma!"

datacorruption

Quote from: Hotsumalittle known fact, but odds are you can't even taste the seeds. they take very high temperatures before they rpture and their oils can add flaver to anything. they're mostly for show.

I have picked off the seeds in the past and they tasted pretty nice. I find it's usually best to pick them off first anyway. Saves buying a big bag of seeds at any rate. And a good conversation piece at any BBQ for oh say, a few seconds at least.
Look, nice dashes, nice.

~~~~Closed~~~~

for general sue however, it takes some pretty beefy heat to make those things open up.

(I may post a recepie using them later if I feel like it.)