News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

No Hot Dog Buns!

Started by LMNO, August 23, 2004, 04:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: ahdkawI prefer burger buns actually.

With those little sesame seeds on, yes. Although the ones with other bigger seeds on are nice too, don't want to knock all those non-sesame seeds out there you know. Fairs fair and all that.
I sometimes cut my hotdogs in half and eat them on hamburger buns.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: Gigglin Buddha the PenisDidn't she have to go in to come out?
yes. remember eris is not a vampire so she doesn't need to be invited to enter. The snub has nothing to do about weather she was there or not but about weather she was invited or not.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Verthaine

Quote from: CannedLizard
Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: Schweinepriester G.Sounds plausible. Of course there are madmen defending another theory.
*pies the question*
that Is the reason for eating a hot dog yes... but the question was about why she it it without a bun...

not the atkins diet... she being a good Discordia (hail eris full of grease) eschewed the concept of money ( she could not afford a bun) the hot dog was stolen from the banquet on her way out.

I seem to remember Verthaine's book of life was because the hot dog bun came from a steamer, and was all moist and fell apart. So we all need to hate hot dog buns with her.

FROM THE BOOK OF ERIS:

An Interveiw With Eris:Why we're not allowed to eat hotdog buns

By ST. Parfume de Meow
Meow: So Eris,after you rolled that golden apple on Limbo Peak,why did you eat a hot dog?
ERIS: Well,after all that mayhem I decided it was best to hang around the mortals until it all blew over.The first place that came to mind was New Orleans.
Meow: Excuse me for interrupting,but why New Orleans?
ERIS: Where else could I walk down the street with rainbow colored hair and not create a scene?
Meow: True.
ERIS: I was walking down Bourbon street and I spied a 'Lucky Dog' vendor on the corner.So I gathered the change in my pocket and bought one.
Meow: Did you like it?
ERIS: I loved the hotdog,but the bun was gross!
Meow: What do you mean?
ERIS: Well to keep the buns warm the vendors put them in a steamer, then they get soggy and fall apart.
Meow: I am enlightened.ERIS,thank you for this exclusive interview.Is there anyone you would like to say something to out there?
ERIS: Well,I'd like to say hi to all poker buddies,my bowling teammates,my local bartender,Zeus,and all my loyal followers.And I have a message for the goddesses of Mount Olympus:I AM THE PRETTIEST ONE! O.K. I love ya,bye bye!! This has been an exclusive interview with the Goddess ERIS KALLISTI DISCORDIA,Queen of Chaos,Mother of Madness,Concubine of Chaos,Daughter of Discord,and Interdimensional Bowling Champion

also to set the record straight:

A Church of Eris Exclusive
ERIS TELLS HER SIDE OF THE STORY

By Eris Kallisti Discordia
First off,I would to thank the Good Reverend Verthaine for the opportunity to finally set the record straight.
First of all,the reason I was not allowed at the wedding banquet was Not because I had a reputation as a trouble maker,it was because all the other Goddess were jealous of me because I was always the life of the party,and all the other Gods lusted after me.
Yes I admit I was miffed at being snubbed,but I got over it real quickly. The whole "Golden Apple" thing was not about revenge,it was a wedding gift for Thetis(at a wedding,who is "the prettiest one" but the bride).Since I wasn't invited,I just rolled my gift in,hoping one of those morons would get the hint,and present it to the bride-to-be.
But NOOOOOO.Those cackling hens that call themselves Goddesses decided to fight amongst themselves for possession of the Apple.And yes,there were five goddess squabbling over the damn thing.The other two were Ceres (goddess of agriculture),and Nike(goddess of victory).
When Zeus gave Paris the task of choosing who the Apple is given to,he could of done the right thing and gave it to Thetis,but Noooooo.Those petty Goddesses used various forms of bribery,rather then just being adults for a change.(And for the record,Ceres offered Paris a lifetime supply of Cherrios,and since Athena already offered Paris victory in battle,Nike was forced to try to bribe Paris with a pair of sneakers.)
So you see,the whole Trojan War incident wasn't really my fault (but I sure took heat for it). But it just goes to show how powerful Chaos is.Besides,that's my story,and I am sticking to it,so there.

Hope this helps
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

datacorruption

So, Eris isn't keen on microwaved hot dog buns either then. I have to agree.

If the bubn she got wasn't soggy and falling aparty, would she still advise against eating them? Or is it all one vendors fault for not correctly storing said buns?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't explain anything other than Eris went to a crap Hot Dog Vendor. And there are lots of them.

Burger buns are better at the end of the day. And at the beginning.
-----------------------------------
Look, nice dashes, nice.

Horab Fibslager

she liek smy hotdog bun sout of the microwave...
Hell is other people.

datacorruption

Quote from: the ghost of pai meishe liek smy hotdog bun sout of the microwave...
I'm sorry, but I don't believe a fucking word you say!
Look, nice dashes, nice.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: ahdkaw
Quote from: the ghost of pai meishe liek smy hotdog bun sout of the microwave...
I'm sorry, but I don't believe a fucking word you say!

if you had m=onemy microwaved hotdogs you'd eat those words.

i am the iron chef of microwave.
Hell is other people.

datacorruption

I have an 80's microwave that doesn't even tell you what Wattage it is ANYWHERE (not even on the back) so I reckon I know my microwaves, even with such limited information not to hand.
Look, nice dashes, nice.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

Saint B (in a tree)

i don't see it being involved in anyway with low-carb atkins
ketosis bullshite.

i fucking hate atkins now. it was one thing for him to develope the
atkins diet for people with EPILEPSY who need to have their body
in a state of ketosis where their metabolism burns their body
fat as fast as they take it in...it helps control their seisures.

and even in a dietary sense, i can see the use. if you are morbidly
overweight, say 5'5'" and 235 lbs....then, sure, the atkins diet might be
a good thing, but it's not a "diet" as most people have come to think
of the word. it's a CHANGE in LIFESTYLE. the ketosis burns your fat
(aka stored reserve carbs) slightly faster than you can take it in, and
you counter balance that with compensating protien to protect
your muscles from active atrophy (like karen carpenter, if you don't
quite follow).

people that do not need it and are looking to loose 5-30 lbs, they
fucking sicken me. that's the context in which i fucking hate the
atkins diet.

and that when i get my hotdogs now, sans bun, no one thinks anything
of it because of the whole atkins, low carb bullshite.

[sobs quietly] ii used to have shock value...[sniff sniff]

SMFabal

Side note on the Atkins Diet:
Reduced intake of High Density carbolhydrates (ie, starch and grain) does have a short term effect on weight loss, but ther is no long term benifit of "Low Carb" Diets (including/not limited to Atkins, South Beach, the Zone). The rapid weight loss is a result of your body's attempt to adjust to the reduced/altered carb intake. After 30-90 days, weight loss tapers off. the only good aspect of "low carb" diets is the increased intake of fruits and vegetables, and reduced intake of "empty" calories found in fast food and snack foods.

more information: http://www.skeptic.com
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

gnimbley

Low card is just a fad. Americans are always looking for a "pill" to fix
their problems so they don't have to actually change their lifestyle.
Atkins just promises slender bodies without having to actually change
your life style permanently. In two to three years when it is
obviously that it isn't the "magic pill," people will stop buying it and
then some other fad will take it's place.

Marl Fublewonker

What actually constitutes a hotdog bun anyway? Would a piece of bread wrapped around a hotdog, be a hotdog bun, or just a piece of bread.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Marl FublewonkerWhat actually constitutes a hotdog bun anyway? Would a piece of bread wrapped around a hotdog, be a hotdog bun, or just a piece of bread.

it would be a bun.

but it would also be a greater sacrilege.
Hell is other people.

gnimbley

Cool. I got bread and hot dogs.

::wanders off to commit a greater sacrilege for lunch::