News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

ATTN: Crabs & similar crustaceans

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, December 15, 2010, 12:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Just wanted to point out that "Crustacea" is a paraphyletic grouping of species, in the same way Theropoda is without the inclusion of Aves. Insects are more or less terrestrial "crustaceans".
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Suu

I cannot has that which are delicious crabbies and lobsters.

So here's a harlequin scrimp.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Kurt Christ

Quote from: ϗ on December 15, 2010, 03:25:14 PM
Just wanted to point out that "Crustacea" is a paraphyletic grouping of species, in the same way Theropoda is without the inclusion of Aves. Insects are more or less terrestrial "crustaceans".
I remember your thread about this from a few months back. This does not change that crabs are AWESOME. Perhaps we should rename this as a decapod thread, specifically?
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 15, 2010, 03:26:36 PM
LANDCRABS!

WITH A MIND LIKE YOURS, YOU'LL PROBABLY WANT TO TRY THE LAND CRAB...
             \
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Disco Pickle

I HEARD THERE WAS DINNER BEING SERVED ITT                           
                                     \

\
                                           OMM NOM NOM NOM
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Kurt Christ

Echinoderms, Cnidarians, and molluscs? Oh my!
                                 /
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Suu

A mollusk, you say?

I SEE YOU!
              \

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Chairman Risus

Jenne

Mmm...love the bottom dwellers.  Very tasty in drawn butter with ice cold beer.

Whatever

Quote from: Jenne on December 15, 2010, 05:20:07 PM
Mmm...love the bottom dwellers.  Very tasty in drawn butter with ice cold beer.

This!!!

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Risus on December 15, 2010, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 15, 2010, 02:15:58 PM

kind of surprised this one hasn't been posted yet.

enjoy your nightmares.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16082.0

Way ahead of you, chiefarino.

now that I think about it, I do remember seeing that thread.  +1 to Risus for hilarious poster.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Suu

I don't know exactly how I would react if I saw a coconut crab in person.

Pictures are one thing, but I'd probably get the willies.