News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Buchenwald Lampshade Found

Started by Adios, December 15, 2010, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2010, 12:33:40 AM
For the record, I, too, think Israel is a political abomination and a human rights nightmare.

But that's a political opinion, not anti-semitism.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also...

WTF IS WITH HITLER STUFF TODAY?!

Everywhere I look I see topics on the Holocaust or Hitler...I even heard 2 separate conversations on it at school.  :?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 12:30:55 AM
Quote from: Regret on December 16, 2010, 12:27:27 AM
I hate monotheists and Israel as well, but i do not think this truly horrible lampshade can be compared to christians storing skulls in a different place.
That may not make any sense to you, Able, but that is just the reality of the situation.
Deal with it.

wut
I hate monotheists (afaik thats just christians, jews and muslims right? or am i missing some? If so I apologize to them for including them in my blind hatred) because they base their beliefs on a story book that is basically saying that mass-murder and genocide are acceptable behaviour for a loving father figure.
Israel: what Nigel said. Did you know it is the only western country with racist immigration laws?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Suu

I don't mind political opinions, but I don't agree with hating people based on their religion...and if there's something in the Abrahamic faiths about genocide, then I obviously missed it.

I've never seen, or read anything that relates to, "Kill everyone in this ethnic race because they aren't like you" ANYWHERE in the Torah, Bible, or Koran. All 3 of the religions on the fundamental level say killing is a sin, and you shouldn't judge entire groups of people based on their radicals.

the last yatto

Something about killing the first born sons or after exodus they accidently jericho
Weren't servants buried with their masters alive so they could serve in the afterlife as their slave.

Re lamp :D
Its not the objects fault its just mass. And while I wouldn't visit a museum just to see such object. Don't see why historian would reject something of historic value even if it showcases the worst of humanity unless it was the carbon dating proves it was of a later day.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Suu

Quote from: Able on December 16, 2010, 01:13:41 AM
Something about killing the first born sons or after exodus they accidently jericho
Weren't servants buried with their masters alive so they could serve in the afterlife as their slave.

First and foremost...NEVER TAKE THE BIBLE LITERALLY. The Hebrew were mercenaries for one, not slaves, and two, no proof was ever made of the Plagues of Egypt except for a period of darkness which happened during the Old Kingdom...Like a thousand years before Exodus was written about. It very well could have been a form of propaganda, like a lot of the stories are.

I mean, it's not like the US have ever been racist or used propaganda or anything...

Judah and Israel were apart of Canaan. Although archaeological finds in Jericho suggest destruction and abandonment for a period of time, no one is entirely sure of what happened. If the Bible/Torah is correct, then Joshua did lead the Israelites to victory as the dates match up. It's one of those sites that do in fact link up.

The idea of the EGYPTIANS burying the slaves and servants alive has not been proven. There's a good chance that they willingly went and underwent a very religious sacrificial rite before hand, but still no proof. That was a stupid point to bring up.

Requia ☣

While not taking the bible literally is good advice, that doesn't keep Christians from doing just that.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

the last yatto

But doesn't mean it doesn't contain truths, Charleston Heston used his magic stick to learn when low tide was. Just like the mercs who left egypt used the sword to carve a nice little settlement.

Don't think they really did anything other cultures didn't do, they were just the only ones to record their history for so long. And brought up egyptians since they were very much apart of this triad of mono faiths
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Suu

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 16, 2010, 02:02:34 AM
While not taking the bible literally is good advice, that doesn't keep Christians from doing just that.

Fundamentalists aren't Christians, they're an abomination to the human race. Radicals of ANY faith are, and you can't base your opinion on the actions of a minority. "I hate Jews because they come from Israel", isn't a good thing to say. Right there with, "I hate Christians because they are down with genocide." Chances are everyone on this board knows a Christian. Ask them what they think of the topic next time you see them.

I grew up Catholic, the fucking faith that wrote the thing, and I was never once told that it was literal.  Even when I was in a Catholic school. It's metaphorical and should be studied as a philosophical text, not a history book. There ARE historical facts in there, and as a historian myself I admire that and find things very fascinating, but often the story surrounded said fact can be a little wishy washy. GS's family...totally Baptist (of the Northern variety), still go to church...His mom can't stand fundies. We were talking about it the other day.

Jews...I grew up around them. Not one of them every told me that war or genocide was right. What I WAS told, however, by a dear Rabbi friend of the family, was that it only takes one sour grape to spoil a whole bunch.

Muslims:  Jews and Christians are "people of the Book", and should be protected and loved. There are 2 jihad: The Greater and the Lesser. The GREATER Jihad, is one's personal battle against sin and temptation. The Lesser is a struggle fought with a community. Guess which one gets you to Heaven faster? It's not fighting wars, that's for sure.

Requia ☣

It's not a fundamentalist thing, almost all protestant faiths profess a belief in biblical literalism.

Phox

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 16, 2010, 02:22:16 AM
It's not a fundamentalist thing, almost all protestant faiths profess a belief in biblical literalism.
Broad stroke is broad.

Requia ☣

You also won't find any biblical literalists that will endorse genocide, rather they will come up with convoluted apologetics to justify why (insert slaughter of large amounts of people by God here) wasn't really Genocide.

Phox

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 16, 2010, 02:25:47 AM
You also won't find any biblical literalists that will endorse genocide, rather they will come up with convoluted apologetics to justify why (insert slaughter of large amounts of people by God here) wasn't really Genocide.

This , however, is true.

Epimetheus

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 02:21:17 AM
Fundamentalists aren't Christians, they're an abomination to the human race.

TRUTH. And good post.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Suu

In short, it's not religion, it's PEOPLE.

There, fuck you all...If I don't eat within the next half hour I'm going to pass out.