News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Buchenwald Lampshade Found

Started by Adios, December 15, 2010, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Displaying the lampshade as evidence that horrible atrocities happened in WWII is only half the point, not unlike the rest of the museum.

The other half the point is proof to anyone who ever pushed the Horrible Truth to the back of their mind because it's too gross, too nasty, to deal with on a daily basis. Proof that human beings can do horrible nightmarish things, and have done. And, perhaps more importantly, that other human beings, not necessarily so unlike you and I in many ways, can let these horrible nightmarish things happen simply by deciding to shrug their shoulders and busy themselves with day to day concerns.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 16, 2010, 05:10:15 PM
No, you really can't. People are fucking stupid. They need their noses rubbed in this shit. It may appear to be cognitive dissonance based on my recent comments on religion, but there are times when guilt is an appropriate feeling, and this is most certainly one of them.

:motorcycle:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:07:10 PM
they are FORCED by their worldview to deny that it occurred, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

NOW LOOK WHAT JEW MADE ME DO!
                   \

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 04:49:38 PM
I agree that it shouldn't be hidden.... However, if I had to deal with Holocaust deniers that take tiny bits of information and extrapolate loads of bullshit... then maybe I would feel more like the museum.

Person A: "Nazi's made lampshades out of Jews!!!"

Denier : "No, a Nazi made a lampshade out of a Jew... this is just like that bullshit about gassing millions of them... I don't deny that some Nazis were bad people and may have done bad things, but this claim of systematic horror and abuse is simply a zionist plot. Look at they facts, they have exactly ONE lampshade and we can't even verify that its jewish. It could have been from a Gypsy or a Jehovah's Witness or a homosexual or it could simply be from a sick and twisted German serial killer. Just like everything else in the "holocaust"

I wouldn't want to deal with that sort of BS thinking   :argh!:

You don't deal with it by hiding evidence.

You drag everything out into the light of day.  And then you laugh at the fuckwads who try to say that the most documented event in human history never happened.

As for the average Joe, who are they going to believe?  General Patton or some shitwad with 3 teeth on a compound in Idaho?

I don't disagree with you Roger, I was just saying I can see why the Holocaust Museum may not really care to add an outlyer to their pieces which will likely get way more focus and provide yet more fodder for the deniers... most of the deniers I've seen at this point don't argue "nothing bad happened" but rather "The claims are highly overstated".

And what the average Joe will believe? Beats the fuck outta me at this point. FOX news has the highest number of viewers by orders of magnitude over all the other news channels...

Personally, I think it should be in a museum if its proven to be from Buchenwald. However, I can't imagine the mindfuck that running that museum and dealing with denier shitheads would be.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on December 16, 2010, 05:10:56 PM
Displaying the lampshade as evidence that horrible atrocities happened in WWII is only half the point, not unlike the rest of the museum.

The other half the point is proof to anyone who ever pushed the Horrible Truth to the back of their mind because it's too gross, too nasty, to deal with on a daily basis. Proof that human beings can do horrible nightmarish things, and have done. And, perhaps more importantly, that other human beings, not necessarily so unlike you and I in many ways, can let these horrible nightmarish things happen simply by deciding to shrug their shoulders and busy themselves with day to day concerns.

While Pvt Manning is tortured, for example.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 16, 2010, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:07:10 PM
they are FORCED by their worldview to deny that it occurred, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

NOW LOOK WHAT JEW MADE ME DO!
                   \
http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/615/Goebbels.jpg

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 05:11:54 PM
Personally, I think it should be in a museum if its proven to be from Buchenwald. However, I can't imagine the mindfuck that running that museum and dealing with denier shitheads would be.

Well, yeah.  Remember that 80+ year old shitbag that walked in with a rifle and started blazing away?  What, three years ago or so?  Security guard shot him, IIRC.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:12:31 PM

ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD CITIZEN!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 05:14:39 PM

That, to me, is what makes it SO horrible.  They do these horrible things in our name.

And we do nothing.

Suu

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 04:54:53 PM
people do horrible things to people and we dont put the entire evidence of how depraved humanity can be on display so we don't forget that those people have been out there and will probably be out there into the future.

you can remember without displaying and thus giving a forum to the lowest of human scum and their handy work.  
No, you really can't. People are fucking stupid. They need their noses rubbed in this shit. It may appear to be cognitive dissonance based on my recent comments on religion, but there are times when guilt is an appropriate feeling, and this is most certainly one of them.

We're not going to agree on this.  I think this particular monster should get no display of his depravity in a public place.  I think the proper thing to do would be to do the best possible to track down the family through DNA and if not possible, then give the remains a proper burial.

I'm not very spiritual at all with regards to afterlive's but that seems to me the proper respect to show the remains of a human who likely died in the worst possible of ways.

ETA:  Whoops, hit modify when I went to quote.  Post restored - Roger
Why? Why does anyone deserve a proper burial? What constitutes a proper burial? Buried six feet under? Cremated? Entombed with a shitload of riches? Eaten by your family? Who decides what's right to do to a body or piece of a body?

From what I understand, Jews have very specific rituals that includes bathing the remains before burial and such. Unless they go through great lengths to determine who the person was by mitochondrial DNA (which is only maternal...) then there's really no point to pursue it. That's a ridiculous amount of work.

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!
\
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:14:28 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 05:11:54 PM

Well, yeah.  Remember that 80+ year old shitbag that walked in with a rifle and started blazing away?  What, three years ago or so?  Security guard shot him, IIRC.

Last year. Yeah... horrible.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 05:14:39 PM

That, to me, is what makes it SO horrible.  They do these horrible things in our name.

And that's why I tend to argue that government is a useful fiction. So individuals can do Horrible things and shift all the responsibility to "the government, the people, the nation".

It wasn't Nazi's that made a lampshade, it was a sick fucking individual. It wasn't Americans that tortured prisoners, abused prisoners, killed innocent people for sport... it was individual fuckwad's that should be tried individually for their actions no matter WHO THE FUCK told them it was OK.

The government "represents" me about as well as a Characiture, drawn by a half blind victim of cerebral palsy. :(

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 05:19:35 PM
And that's why I tend to argue that government is a useful fiction.

No argument here.  I've always maintained that it doesn't actually exist.

Phox

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 05:15:42 PM
people do horrible things to people and we dont put the entire evidence of how depraved humanity can be on display so we don't forget that those people have been out there and will probably be out there into the future.

you can remember without displaying and thus giving a forum to the lowest of human scum and their handy work.  

We're not going to agree on this.  I think this particular monster should get no display of his depravity in a public place.  I think the proper thing to do would be to do the best possible to track down the family through DNA and if not possible, then give the remains a proper burial.

I'm not very spiritual at all with regards to afterlive's but that seems to me the proper respect to show the remains of a human who likely died in the worst possible of ways.

Why? Why does anyone deserve a proper burial? What constitutes a proper burial? Buried six feet under? Cremated? Entombed with a shitload of riches? Eaten by your family? Who decides what's right to do to a body or piece of a body?

From what I understand, Jews have very specific rituals that includes bathing the remains before burial and such. Unless they go through great lengths to determine who the person was by mitochondrial DNA (which is only maternal...) then there's really no point to pursue it. That's a ridiculous amount of work.

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!
\
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/museum_1.png

Yeah, the Jewish funerary rites are pretty complex.

But my point is, DP would probably find it offensive that my remains are to be shot out of a cannon or stuffed and mounted. Or maybe, I want my family to devour my corpse to inherit my knowledge and skills. I haven't really thought about that....

Also:  :lulz:

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 16, 2010, 05:22:26 PM

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!
\

But my point is, DP would probably find it offensive that my remains are to be shot out of a cannon or stuffed and mounted. Or maybe, I want my family to devour my corpse to inherit my knowledge and skills. I haven't really thought about that....

wouldn't find it at all offensive.  whatever you want to do with your body is your right.  I'm contemplating being cremated and poured into one of those reef balls, such is my love for the ocean.

What's proper is what the person wants, and lacking the person to say what they want, I believe that should fall to the family if they can be found (however unlikely the possibility)
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Suu

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 05:27:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 16, 2010, 05:22:26 PM

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!
\

wouldn't find it at all offensive.  whatever you want to do with your body is your right.  I'm contemplating being cremated and poured into one of those reef balls, such is my love for the ocean.

What's proper is what the person wants, and lacking the person to say what they want, I believe that should fall to the family if they can be found (however unlikely the possibility)

And until then...museum.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."