News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

DADT, yes, again

Started by Adios, December 15, 2010, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to overturn the ban on openly gay and lesbian soldiers serving in the U.S. military, passing legislation repealing the controversial "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

The bill -- a so-called "standalone" measure not tied to any other legislative items -- passed 250 to 175 in a virtual party-line vote. It now advances to the Senate.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/15/gays.in.military/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

This is making me dizzy.

Requia ☣

Roger: You're the political bookie here, what are the odds on the republicans *not* filibustering this?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Well, I'm not Roger, but the GOP wants to go home for Xmas.

With a stacked legislative agenda to pass before the end of the year, the latest battle in the Senate centers on when members will head home to their districts to celebrate Christmas.

After Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nevada, left the door open to keeping the Senate in session through the holiday, Arizona Republican Sen. Jon Kyl accused him of "disrespecting one of the two holiest of holidays for Christians."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/15/senators-argue-over-christmas/

Requia ☣

The type of filibustering the republicans are doing doesn't require them to actually be there.  God forbid our politicians be expected to work.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 15, 2010, 11:19:37 PM
The type of filibustering the republicans are doing doesn't require them to actually be there.  God forbid our politicians be expected to work.

From the same article.

"Yet some of my Republican colleagues have the nerve to whine about having to stay in action to do the work that the American people pay us to do," Reid said. "We could work, as most Americans do, during the holidays. Perhaps Senators Kyl and DeMint have been in Washington too long."

AFK

I believe Olympia Snow and Susan Collins are both on board with repealing DADT, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Scott Brown is in that boat too.  It seems to me if it is brought to the Senate floor the GOP will not be able to filibuster it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Snowe and Collins are in on the scam.

The Scam (for those of you who don't know it):

Collins or Snowe supports DADT repeal "in theory", but insist on certain procedural compromises that then allow the explicit opponenents of DADT to kill the bill entirely.  It's the Great Moderate Republican Scam, and it works for everyone except all the non-heterosexual people in the military.

Jenne

Snow and Collins didn't vote for 911 responders getting health care.  Fuck them in their faces.

AFK

Collins is up for re-election in 2012 and the Tea Party are already telling Collins she will get a primary challenge.  Expect her to shed her RINO-ness for the next couple of years.  So I think you could only really count on Snowe at this point.  Collins' support should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Don Coyote

Considering the military has been asking for feedback from service members for the past 3-4 months on DADT and the Pentagon concluded that it would not negatively impact readiness....they all need to grow up.

Bruno

Quotefemales are a major burden on the military

Thanks gunsteafreedom, I had no idea.  :winner:
Formerly something else...

Prince Glittersnatch III

QuoteDTDA should be the decision of our military leadership not the community organizer President who couldn't punch a hole in a paper bag or Congressmen and women who have never served in our armed forces. We do not need the politicians legislating for the gay community in this country. Military leadership should make this decision because they are on the front lines and understand troop morale and feelings and have the ultimate responsibility for protecting this country; not the yellow bellies in the Congress. It is an absolute joke that the President of the United States is considered the "commander in chief." This buffon couldn't even lead a troop of boy scouts to a water hole.

Delicious conservative tears.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on December 18, 2010, 09:24:28 PM
QuoteDTDA should be the decision of our military leadership not the community organizer President who couldn't punch a hole in a paper bag or Congressmen and women who have never served in our armed forces. We do not need the politicians legislating for the gay community in this country. Military leadership should make this decision because they are on the front lines and understand troop morale and feelings and have the ultimate responsibility for protecting this country; not the yellow bellies in the Congress. It is an absolute joke that the President of the United States is considered the "commander in chief." This buffon couldn't even lead a troop of boy scouts to a water hole.

OMG
Sounds like someone who never served whining. :lulz:

Phox

Quote from: TGB on December 18, 2010, 09:29:34 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on December 18, 2010, 09:24:28 PM

OMG
Sounds like someone who never served whining. :lulz:

BUT COYOTE! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU HAD TO SHOWER OTHER MEN, SOME OF WHOM WERE GAY? AND YOU KNEW THEY WERE GAY? AND THEY WERE LOOKING AT YOU!? I KNOW I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE OGLED BY OTHER WOMEN WHILE I WAS IN THE SHOWER! I WOULD BE DISTRACTED FROM OGLING THEM!